Hey everyone,

Active Trans and our community partners from last year are pleased to announce this year's date for Open Streets (formerly Sunday Parkways).

Saturday, August 1. The full-eight mile route combining the routes from the two events in Oct. 2008.

http://www.activetrans.org/openstreets

Thanks to the Chicago Community Trust for the funding to make it happen!

Ethan Spotts

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HUZZAH!
Great News!
Cool! I witnessed the full potential of Ciclovía when I visited Bogotá this year. Chicago can catch up! We are 30+ years behind, but that should encourage us. The main difference in Bogotá is that an entire network of streets is closed, and it's every Sunday. :-p
Sweet! We took off my nephews training wheels at last years Sunday Parkways. Will have to think of a new milestone to accomplish. Any ideas?
good idea for the 5 year old. The 8 year old did the 12 mile BLT route last year.

h3 said:
Julie Hochstadter said:
Sweet! We took off my nephews training wheels at last years Sunday Parkways. Will have to think of a new milestone to accomplish. Any ideas?

Riding the whole 8-mile route?
I'm looking forward to it.
Pulling their first bike trailer!

Julie Hochstadter said:
good idea for the 5 year old. The 8 year old did the 12 mile BLT route last year.

h3 said:
Julie Hochstadter said:

Riding the whole 8-mile route?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service