This picture was taken this afternoon about a 1/2 mile West of the Happ Road. intersection.  I had to turn around and take local roads home instead of the tranquil trail.  

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was so saddened to find that it had to go back to the noisy, pothole strewn streets.

I also realized today that any upcoming singletrack seasons at Palos and Kettle are going to be put on hold for sometime as well.  This totally sucks.  

I'd imagine that a lot of our favorite trails and streets near rivers may underwater then under mud for a while.  I saw pictures earlier of the north branch near Foster where the trail was under at least a few feet of water.  :(

I rode it this afternoon from Devon and Milwaukee to Tower Road. It was dry all the way. In some places it was covered with sand, but otherwise it was fine

Thanks Duppie.  I can't wait to get back on it today.  I hate riding down near Loyola Academy. I am constantly dodging both cars and potholes.

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!

I so wanted to ride the nbt but was water fearing so I took Sheridan-Chicago-Clark this am. Kinda need the tranquil trail to start the weekend.

Duppie 13.5185km said:

I rode it this afternoon from Devon and Milwaukee to Tower Road. It was dry all the way. In some places it was covered with sand, but otherwise it was fine

We took our tandem out the first time this spring, and the North Branch trail was in great shape all the way to the Botanic Garden this Sunday morning.

On our way back, the Green Bay trail was still a little wet in places where it is unpaved, but rideable overall. I also noticed that in certain places the pavement is in increasingly bad shape, mainly due to tree roots. It is almost better (in some spots) to take one of the nearby roads.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service