The Chainlink

The Tribune is reporting that Metra will be banning bikes on Friday due to the Blackhawks parade.

Views: 3257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Metra is smart for banning alcohol since there will be enough people already pretty sauced getting on their trains.  I believe they can deny a highly intoxicated passenger from boarding a train anytime anyway.

I've seen them deny boarding to someone who is already blotto, and I've seen them take people off if they're getting into fights or otherwise disturbing other passengers too much.

The bike ban is silly in the way it's being implemented.  They should be excluded only from trains that will be filled to capacity due to the parade.  

Yep, they went a bit overboard on this. I suspect they did it because it's simpler for them. No thought of how it affects us.

You can't reach (or amuse) everyone. ;)

Serge Lubomudrov said:

No sense of humor here . . . Alas . . .

Can we get an intelligent response here.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Fuck Metra.

Blame it on the Jamaican!

They started with with having a bobsled team.

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, gear on up, its bobsled time!

Wicked, mon!

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Since artificial ice . . . Why would Miami have hockey team? Miami?!

peter moormann said:

Since when is hockey a summer sport?

i wrote Metra a fairly lengthy, and rational email about tomorrow and their blanket blackout policy in general.

Jamaican me crazy, mon! ;)

J.A.W. said:

Blame it on the Jamaican!

They started with with having a bobsled team.

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, gear on up, its bobsled time!

Wicked, mon!

Thank you!

igz said:

i wrote Metra a fairly lengthy, and rational email about tomorrow and their blanket blackout policy in general.

Let me preempt this by saying I do appreciate the fact that we are allowed to put bicycles on the train at all.  There was a time not so long ago that that wasn't the case.  Thank you to CBF (now ATA), LIB, and I'm sure a lot more people I can't think of or know of) for helping lobby that original "no bicycle" policy metra used to have.

That being said, I am praying for the day that people with bicycles aren't considered "second class paying citizens" to Metra and the following happens:

1) we will be able to bring our bicycles on the train at any time of the day or night.

2) we won't get kicked off when the train is too packed

3) there will be no blackout dates

4) we will have our own bike cars like in Cali (not necessary as long as the above become policy)

I LOVEEEEEEE metra now, and would love it more if/when the above happens.

I have a folder too you can borrow.  

igz said:

a logical convo would be appreciated.

so..about that skateboard...

hmmmm...

when ya home?

Now and later tonight.   Have to run out to feed a friend's cat at some point this evening.

igz said:

when ya home?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service