The Chainlink

Read my writeup on Grid Chicago. Ash Lottes has a writeup, too

There's a lot that I didn't publish. If you have a question (like if something was discussed), let me know and I'll answer it here (I take pretty good notes). 

If you have no idea what MBAC is, you should. It's basically a show and tell where people (representing agencies) show and tell what they're up to, or what they will be up to. It's also an opportunity to present your own cause, or ask questions to agency employees. 

The most interesting news wasn't even part of the agenda: bike sharing most likely won't happen until 2013. CDOT expects the Inspector General to conclude positively (on their behalf) after investigating the procurement process that hired Alta Bicycle Share+Public Bike Share Company (BIXI). 

Here's a photo :)

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1  

Nice summary. 

Thanks. I need a better microphone. I had my iPhone recording the whole time and it barely picked up anything. Some people talk very softly, and others have great voices in that room. 

I guess the room's portable microphone and built-in PA isn't a thing to use anymore. 

To learn a little more about the Mayor's Advisory Bike Committee, and see how it's set up:

http://orion.neiu.edu/~rkastig1/bike/MBAC2012.pdf

I put that document as accessible text here

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service