The Chainlink

Jana Kinsman could have been killed in Logan Square area last night by driver and pals thinking they're funny

Basically, some dudes in a purple tahoe grabbed her while she was on her bike and pulled her along next to the car while she was screaming for her life.

Here's her twitter story, storified: http://storify.com/abughat/wtf

If anyone can get info or ideas for further help, please share! Be safe out there, friends.

Views: 6409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a collection fund being established to help Jana with her expenses? If so please post.

Thanks!

Oh man, if it is they need to catch these guys lock em up and throw away the keys.

grab this link from CS's FB feed. Lot of factors here. One people suck ass.People in cars and people on bikes. Personal safety is something we all need to practice. As a community we need to react as such. Not by looking to the city government to correct a social problem but look to each other. nothing says equality like duck tapping the perpetrators to an office chair and dragging them around. If jane was to never get back on a bike "I" would understand. life is Beautiful and should be enjoyed not feared every time you need to get from point A to B . Also to add purple / maroon Tahoe in Chicago will not be hard find. Sorry if i don't speak to the LAW and What is right and wrong. Its obvious to me the laws are for citizens people who want to maintain a working community. We are not dealing with said individuals. such a beautiful and helpful person like jane should not be treated like shit ever....

I did a little Tahoe paint color research online yesterday and Maroon/cherry color was stock for 1996 and 97 model years.

Also, here is a Give Forward link for donations https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/lzx2/get-jana-back-on-her-wh...

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/lzx2/get-jana-back-on-her-wh...-

raul said:

Is there a collection fund being established to help Jana with her expenses? If so please post.

Thanks!

Thank You!

Laura said:

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/lzx2/get-jana-back-on-her-wh...-

raul said:

Thanks!

I hope Jana recovers well and quickly.

I have trouble believing people will be so callous. I posted the DNA link on facebook, and one of my friends responded with "well, some bicyclists around here are just really bad and run red lights and etc..." That 'blame the victim' attitude (more than just the one post) was making me livid this morning.

I'm trying to get a bigger screengrab (damn obfuscated downloading of embedded videos), but it's clearly a dark SUV, very much probably a Chevy/GMC.

No I mean they have a point, because some bicyclists don't follow the rules, jana should be grabbed and dragged alongside a car, You see, when you look at it from THEIR point of view,

It's time to cull the herd that is your FaceBook friends...

Sue Clark said:

I have trouble believing people will be so callous. I posted the DNA link on facebook, and one of my friends responded with "well, some bicyclists around here are just really bad and run red lights and etc..." That 'blame the victim' attitude (more than just the one post) was making me livid this morning.

or just realize that your fb friends aren't all cyclists.   That's not a bad thing per say, just something to realize. 

Duppie 13.5185km said:

It's time to cull the herd that is your FaceBook friends...

Sue Clark said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service