The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing that link.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Can you save it as a pdf?  I found this on-line converter which does not require that you download anything:

http://pdf2jpg.net/

;)

David Barish said:

It read like the first scene in a slasher movie where there is a flute playing, the sun is shining and birds are singing.  I look forward to reading about the ride home and the guy in the hockey mask.

h' 1.0 said:

Easy one today. No buzzings. Just a light dusting on the street, and salt trucks had plenty of time to prepare... not slippery or slushy at all.

Heading home early... see you on the other side, hopefully...

Wishing everyone safe travels on their way home.

h' 1.0 said:

Heading home early... see you on the other side, hopefully...

Wasn't bad.  I've recently discovered that the buffer zone on Marshall makes a great bike lane.... for whatever reason there seems to be a major focus on keeping the boulevard clear and salted.

This stuff shovels easy too (so far...)

If it's Windows 7, it'll have the snipping tool as one of the system accessories. You can use that to capture a section of the screen and then save as a jpeg. 

h' 1.0 said:

Anyone know how to turn a screen shot into a postable image in Windoze?

Thanks for trying... my brain was just too sluggish due to sleep deprivation...

was trying to post the view from my front window cam.

I would gladly ride in this crappy weather every day if it meant that traffic would be as light as it was today.

8 miles in 78 degrees. Orlando back to Chicago tomorrow...hmmm...

Well, I don't know about anyone else....but I had a BLAST going home today after 5pm !!! So, many people just trying to speed around to make a futile attempt at "out-running" the winter storm. LMAO !!! It seemed like I would catch up to almost all of the "speed demons" at the next red light. Man, were there a ton of peed-off drivers today. Snow must make people angry. I, on the other hand, was happier than a pig in poop ! Was rolling pretty fast on the way home. I bet I upset quite a few drivers though. Especially when I took the lane, west-bound on Archer. Plows did a great job on clearing the lanes.....right onto the tiny bike lane and out to about 5-6 feet from any free curbs. So, for my own safety (and the safety of many drivers), I took the lane.

Still had fun though....LMAO !!!!

Cliche but true, what a difference a day makes. Too good ol Roose over 18th today. Bike lane nice and clean save for a bit across from Juv. Wind not at all, but beware lots of angry box cars honking at each other and texting away. California was terrifying.

I didn't see many cars. Most of my ride was on packed snow-ice, with a long block walk through unshoveled sidewalk in the middle (road closed due to sewer work). No slippage at all on the packed surface (still some stud left on my tires but they've worn considerably this season and will be ready to retire soon.)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service