The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For more bike ride photos from eqach day over the holidays and today that I could only post now, because my Comcast/XFinity TV and Internet service went out on Friday and the scheculed repair service did not show up on Saturday and did not show up again on Sunday as scheduled (did I mention I am switching carriers?), click on the links below, but I am unsure when any were taken, thanks to %$#&$# Comcast. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78559435@N04/sets/72157632103277095/de...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78559435@N04/sets/72157632107381636/de...

This morning: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78559435@N04/sets/72157632103256049/de...

First day with ice crystals in the water bottle.  Love me some cold water at the end of 8 mile ride!

Well, I am still riding. Still have a cold/flu that screwed up my Turkey Day.

BTW, if anyone sees a trailer attachment bar on Archer (south side of street), Halsted (East side of street), Jackson (South side of street), Jefferson (east side of street), Monroe (south side of street) to Canal (near the building with the wooden patio area)....please let me know.

It's for our family bike trailer. Was gonna have our building engineers fabricate an attachment for my Schwinn Frontier, and it fell off somwhere along my route to work.

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

Gene, that last one looks like Stonehenge!

'Tis amazing what you can do on a trike that has a paddle-wheel conversion kit ... all the way to the British Isles and back in one day. The Druids were a bit annoying, but otherwise it was a bloody good trip. Cheers, Lisa.

Lisa Curcio said:

Gene, that last one looks like Stonehenge!

a warm cooperative ride on a cold morning. 

A few of us Kibitzers were taking our Wednesday morning ride to Wishbone for breakfast and then off to work or whereever.  Bill broke his chain on Warren just east of the United Center.  Nobody had a chain tool and even if we did, nobody really had the inclination to do a roadside repair on a chilly morning.  We solved the riddle.  Bill got going Flinestones style by pushing off with his feet. I rode up on his left and he extended his left hand.  I reached  out with my right. We held hands and rode in a bike lane on a reasonably empty street for little over a mile to Wishbone. After breakfast he was given a ride by a car borne Kibitzer to a bike shop. He will ride home later today after getting a new chain.

Good thinkin'

David Barish said:

a warm cooperative ride on a cold morning. 

A few of us Kibitzers were taking our Wednesday morning ride to Wishbone for breakfast and then off to work or whereever.  Bill broke his chain on Warren just east of the United Center.  Nobody had a chain tool and even if we did, nobody really had the inclination to do a roadside repair on a chilly morning.  We solved the riddle.  Bill got going Flinestones style by pushing off with his feet. I rode up on his left and he extended his left hand.  I reached  out with my right. We held hands and rode in a bike lane on a reasonably empty street for little over a mile to Wishbone. After breakfast he was given a ride by a car borne Kibitzer to a bike shop. He will ride home later today after getting a new chain.

Another gorgeous sunrise on lakefront this morning.  Last night was an awesome full moon over the lake! 

For more bike commute photos from today's sun-filled day, click here.

Did ride in to work today. No sweat (literally)

It's gonna be excellent on the way home !!!

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service