Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the statue with the shadow and the Hancock in the background. I'm impressed you rode today. 

I know the thermometer said "very cold" but it wasn't too bad due to a lack of wind. I've definitely felt colder with the temp in the teens and gusty winds.

My first winter in Chicago and I'm already feeling the burn. Bear with me as I've been living my whole life in Mexico where 32 degrees is considered too cold to ride. This past Sunday's 3°F (feels like -17°) was brutal. Here's to hoping I acclimate sooner rather than later. Cheers!

(btw - chunks of frozen ice make for good tripods)

And... Consider just a few weeks ago I was riding this back in Mexico:

Fantastic shots! Have no fear, you will acclimate. I'm on my third Chicago bike winter and live to tell about it. Be sure to search for some older posts on here with wardrobe advice. I've learned a ton that has made my winter commute better. 

Thanks Man! Trying to stay positive here so this helps.

Nice Shots of the Lake

Did anyone see that Camaro wrapped around the pole at Milwaukee and Division @8am? It was so surreal, no cops/ambulance/drivers it was just there with people going along doing their business.  if I had to guess it was stolen and the driver ran..but it was a pretty horrific crash, serious damage.  I'm glad no bikers were waiting at that light going south on Milwaukee! 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service