The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ugh. Just home from orch. rehearsal . . . films of ice =everywhere=.

Possibly more treacherous to walk than to bike, but tomorrow is not  the day to put a whole lot of weight on the handlebars.

Yeah...LOTS of patches of ice all over the place. And much of it looks like just water...so be careful, especially around corners where water has puddled and in general where the snow mounds have been melting off.

Going South on Halsted/Lincoln/Wells no ice patches to speak of.  Nonetheless, I say exercise caution with anything that resembles black ice.

Next few days s/b nice, but I agree with Leah, Winter ain't over.  I remember snow for a few baseball home openers in April!

I didn't, instead sat in traffic on LSD and had to fight someone for a parking space at work.
I didn't either. I had my bike up on a table fixing a flat. Went to get the pump and it fell over, bending the wheel. Probably fixable, but exceptionally annoying.

Yeah, I rode home just fine last night, but nearly injured myself on the numerous ice patches on the sidewalk.

Also, keep an eye out for those spots where people decide its ok to push the snow mounds on the edge of the sidewalk into the street

H3N3 said:

Ugh. Just home from orch. rehearsal . . . films of ice =everywhere=.

Possibly more treacherous to walk than to bike, but tomorrow is not  the day to put a whole lot of weight on the handlebars.

I took my little baby ride this morning for my 9 am dog walk. (And walked my own dog at 8:00.) Those little patches of ice weren't so difficult for me to avoid. I know there are some side streets where it'll be a problem today, but yesterday, I rode through a few lakes, so...hey! At least it's sunny and pretty warm out there. Let's hope this sticks. I'm so done with the really cold weather.
Yes.
I was extra hesitant at intersections today, since I wasn't sure if I would hit ice trying to squeeze between cars, and so I took it slow.  I had a number of other riders clip by me pretty close though going full speed weaving through cars.  It made me so nervous to watch, I've fallen on ice enough to picture someone hitting a patch of it in an intersection and going down next to a bus/truck/suv/car as it starts moving without the car ever seeing them.

I was lame today. I rode a tiny bit in the morning, and then I remembered all the errands I had to do late this afternoon.  By 1:00, I'd convinced myself not to ride my bike. I'm now paying for it. I feel excruciatingly tired, undeservedly hungry, and just plain zapped. I took a nap at 6:30 tonight and now I'm even more groggy.

Remind me of this later should I be waffling about riding my bike to do my dog walks.

Something seems to be going on with my body, though. I'm just achey. Does anyone else feel like the warm-up is just a tease?  I'm happy for it, but I need a beach and sun and lazing about for a few days.  Blargh. I'm so tired today.

Good move.

Liz said:
I was extra hesitant at intersections today, since I wasn't sure if I would hit ice trying to squeeze between cars, and so I took it slow. 
Sheridan all the way up today.  There are big chunks of snow in the right lane past the cemetery, but all in all a good ride.  Surprisingly hot when I got to work despite wearing just a long sleeve wool shirt and my windbreaker.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service