Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Duppie said:

Be careful out there. it is icy this morning. I slipped and fell when ridng to work.

I didn't encounter any ice at all (Evanston to the Loop via LFT).

Same here (Rogers Park to Loop). LFT seems fine.

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Duppie said:

Be careful out there. it is icy this morning. I slipped and fell when ridng to work.

I didn't encounter any ice at all (Evanston to the Loop via LFT).

I took Elston, Kedzie and Milwaukee going north and no issues.  I was a little snowy at 8:45 am but no ice patches.  

I thought it would be the case if I took Clark, so I decided on the LFP this morning and I only encountered 1 puddle of slush that wasn't bad at all - close to the start up north.

Duppie said:

Pleasant! Lies!

Overdressed
At Roose and Canal - hail and wind
At Roose and Damen - switch to snow

Get to work -- all snow stops

I took the kids for a ride to Indian Boundary Park yesterday. My daughter rode right over a few icy patches without a second thought. Natural born Winterbiker!

A new experience on my ride in this morning. I was heading southbound on Wells, just approaching Wacker, when a pickup truck turned onto Wells and headed northbound. He didn't slam on his brakes as if he realized he'd made a mistake. He just headed north, like he'd been doing it all his life.

Had a pleasant Divvy ride from the Metra station to my office. Happy Friday!

Snow day! Snow day! SNOOOOOOOOW DAY!  He he ha ha ha bwahahahahaha!

... and you should have seen what happened to the bike trail!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service