Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's strange to get home and be both frosty cold and wildly thirsty.  Cold being pretty good at extracting moisture from the body.

Me, too, and one layer too many did not help!

Andy Moss 9.5 said:

Nothing like that first ride of the season wearing winter gear. Feels like I am towing a trailer full of bricks.

Just think about how much better shape you'll find yourself in come next spring. :-)

Andy Moss 9.5 said:

Nothing like that first ride of the season wearing winter gear. Feels like I am towing a trailer full of bricks.

I rode in with both front and rear shifter frozen in place. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I am not complaining, but I was kind of shocked by how cold it was this morning. I was not expecting mid-teens this early! 

But you still took some really beautiful photos!

Gene Tenner said:

I rode in with both front and rear shifter frozen in place. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

'Twas the only thing that reduced my frustration.

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

But you still took some really beautiful photos!

I forgot what it was like to ride in February.

I was not cold riding home, but I felt like I was pedaling through water with that wind.  I hate wind!

Felt nice along the LFP tonight. Getting to it from the west loop and leaving it heading westward to the house...well that was another story. Freezing fingers and toes. Still, a very nice ride.

Very thankful my commute is only 20 minutes.  Sadly, I probably won't ride Wednesday if we get the predicted 1 inch of snow.  Had a bad experience a few years ago and any sign of snow freaks me out!  

Rode Divvy north last night. Those cross winds really move the bike.

Any idea what was up on Clark St this morning? An unbroken line of cars from Wilson down to Armitage, and south of North Ave to the loop wasn't much better.

Felt bad for the huge groups of people at the bus stops, but felt pretty good just cruising past it all.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service