Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the kind thought, Davo. Actually, I just did. I self-published a history of my neighborhood which is Buena Park. The photo-book tells the story through the architecture and the lakefront and I used a gaggle of my photos in it. 

Davo said:

Seriously Gene you need to publish a book of your photos

Cool where might I be able to look at one and possibly purchase it.

Gene Tenner said:

Thanks for the kind thought, Davo. Actually, I just did. I self-published a history of my neighborhood which is Buena Park. The photo-book tells the story through the architecture and the lakefront and I used a gaggle of my photos in it. 

Davo said:

Seriously Gene you need to publish a book of your photos

Buean Park Neighbors uses the Book as a fundraising tool at events, and the next event is Halloween night at Buena Circle Park at Kenmore and Buena. Twenty Buckaroos.

Davo said:

Cool where might I be able to look at one and possibly purchase it.

Heads up the stop light is out at Elston and Ashland. It made an already fun intersection even more rosy. 

Fantastic tailwind coming out of the north! I didn't take full advantage of it since the streets were so slippery. It'll be a workout riding home. 

That explains the name for the Buena Yard where the CTA exchanged freight with the Milwaukee until the early 70s.

Gene Tenner said:

Buean Park Neighbors uses the Book as a fundraising tool at events, and the next event is Halloween night at Buena Circle Park at Kenmore and Buena. Twenty Buckaroos.

2 Minutes at Bill Jarvis Bird Sanctuary:

http://youtu.be/VN8kTXV-3yU?list=UUoSZNouPvSyecmzu_NonOiw

My best from this summer:

Gene, I hardly think that one could do a "Gene Tenner best of Summer 2014" show with only six photos! 

Lisa, whittling down from thousands is one of the hardest things to do. In the end it comes down to good composition that keeps eyeballs in motion, a major star and supporting cast of elements, striking color, good variety of the sizes of the negative space and non-centered balance. Or, in some cases you just throw it all out, because it is just a cool, unique photo. Thanks for the thoughtful and kind words.

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Gene, I hardly think that one could do a "Gene Tenner best of Summer 2014" show with only six photos! 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service