Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A fair amount of broken glass on Clark in Wrigleyville too.  I pried a piece out of my Ribmo tread at a stop light.  Fingers crossed that it didn't leave behind a slow leak surprise when I leave tonight.

rwein5 said:

Watch out for the broken glass on the LFT. St. Patrick's Day revelers left a heap of green shards a little north of the Oak St ramp, covering the west half of the trail.

Im just glad the roads are clearing up.

Im a design student working on a project regarding bike safety in the city.  If anyone could take a minute to please help me out by filling out this survey it would be truly appreciated!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9JG5TC2

Thanks,

Jon.

Dear Mr. Owens:

The problem with any survey is the nature of the questions.    You left out some very important "answers".   For example, you asked what made a rider feel "less safe" but left out from the options "Bike Lanes".    You also asked whether I felt safer using protected bike lanes, but didn't ask compared to what.   Do I feel safer in a PBL than riding on the Kennedy late at night?  You bet.  Do I feel safer in a PBL than riding in a regular bike lane?   Yup.   Do I feel safer riding in a PBL than riding on a low traffic parallel one way street?  Nope.   

Crazy David 84 Furlongs said:

Dear Mr. Owens:

The problem with any survey is the nature of the questions.    You left out some very important "answers".   For example, you asked what made a rider feel "less safe" but left out from the options "Bike Lanes".    You also asked whether I felt safer using protected bike lanes, but didn't ask compared to what.   Do I feel safer in a PBL than riding on the Kennedy late at night?  You bet.  Do I feel safer in a PBL than riding in a regular bike lane?   Yup.   Do I feel safer riding in a PBL than riding on a low traffic parallel one way street?  Nope.   

David,

Thanks for the response this is very helpful!  Ive been able to find some resources regarding crashes from the CDOT crash report.  Unfortunately survey monkey only lets me use 10 questions haha.  If you had any additional resource you feel that I may benefit from that would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Jon.

No wind plus above freezing temps equals happy cyclist. Been riding the new bargesque, geared, fendered,  quasitouring bike and it's been an absolute joy. Saw a few folks out on Armitage and many of Elston.

Yeah, I might take a head wind over pothole whack-a-mole.

I was heading north and didn't notice any wind, though there may have been some I cant remember what direction it may have come from.

That's cool someone would buy you coffee.  That would calm my rage I think, if that happened to me. 

No incidents this morning, except my boots sticking to my platform pedals.  old work boots and the bottoms are all gummy for some reason.  not wearing them again. 

Nice this morning but it'll be rotten with people after work.

Not sure where you people are finding "no wind"...

Fortunately for me, it seems like this will continue through the evening, so I should have a nice push on the way home.

Agreed! Strange how 50 degrees seems to be the on/off switch. 

Tricolor said:

Nice this morning but it'll be rotten with people after work.

The difference between lakefront and inland . . .

There did not seem to be much wind on the ride from Wicker Park to the Loop.

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Not sure where you people are finding "no wind"...

Fortunately for me, it seems like this will continue through the evening, so I should have a nice push on the way home.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service