The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eh yo, Robby. I gots mad skills on da symbol typin'. € ¥£¢~©®ω⊙¤℃℉§¿{}»«^

Robert Underwood said:

I rode my bike today.  it was cold outside and windy and cars were pretty ok, and I found how to type the degree symbol after I googled it.  The Windows key code for the degree symbol is Alt+0176. Turn on the number lock, then hold down the "Alt" key and type 0176 on the numeric keypad to produce the "°" symbol.      

Fun ride this morning. Dodgin' pay loaders & dump trucks.

Heat wave! I'm overdressing it seems. Hi to the guy on a Surly who passed me on the LFP heading north. I was on a steel be-fendered touring bike.

Lots of ice on the Chicago Ave bridge east of Halsted. 

Spring is here!  Its was like 20° (now I can type "°", but I'll never be as symbol-dexterous as the Grizz obviously).  I was down one less shirt layer this morning.  Clark street from uptown to Evanston was clear except for the fossilized greyish grease-ice chunks that litter the curbside here and there.  Still have a tight squeeze between it and the cars were Clark crosses Ashland northbound.  Saw 6 other cyclists, and even had a short chat with one at a light.  Asked me if my bike was a Schwinn, I says no, its a Peugeot, from the eighties...  they used to make cars... do they still?  they used to... OK later!

They (sadly) do not make bicycles anymore, but they do still make cars. Still made in France. They're popular in Columbia of all places.

Robert Underwood said:

Spring is here!  Its was like 20° (now I can type "°", but I'll never be as symbol-dexterous as the Grizz obviously).  I was down one less shirt layer this morning.  Clark street from uptown to Evanston was clear except for the fossilized greyish grease-ice chunks that litter the curbside here and there.  Still have a tight squeeze between it and the cars were Clark crosses Ashland northbound.  Saw 6 other cyclists, and even had a short chat with one at a light.  Asked me if my bike was a Schwinn, I says no, its a Peugeot, from the eighties...  they used to make cars... do they still?  they used to... OK later!

Ugh, one of the dozens of potholes on Armitage finally caught me, and I fell right in the middle of the intersection at California. Fortunately, no major damage to myself or my bike. I think I'm going to avoid Armitage until CDOT can get around to it. 

A surprising number of bikers on the LFT this evening. It was nice to see them out - I've completely forgotten what it was like in-season.

Pleasant temperature this morning. °°°°°
Seeing more and more cyclists on my commute. They look so happy to be out again. :)

Yesterday was my first time doing my commute by bike in a while. It felt fantastic! It's been so long that I almost forgot to get my bike out of the "bike room" (loading dock with racks) before the very strict 6 PM close. 

In addition to the cyclists and runners on the LFT yesterday evening, there was at least one car--not authorized to be on the LFT. I extracted the clip from my helmet cam footage; you can't see much after the start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAF3KTNzp1A The car entered at Wilson and exited at Lawrence.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service