The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The potholes on Milwaukee and Augusta are getting worse. Until today, there was at least a narrow strip of pavement that would allow you to avoid the cluster of potholes, but now that strip has disintegrated. I've put in a 311 request, but be really careful if you ride SB Milwaukee.

Eggggads! So sorry to hear. I've fallen so far twice this week (both relatively slow and thankfully painless). I think it's my stay puff marshmallow man layering. Heal up and feel betters.

And this am...so much easier than yesterday's wind shennanigans. I think I prefer the drop in temperature into the teens over the wind gusts peaking over 35 mph.

Jennifer on the lake said:
My last ride for 6-8 weeks occurred Saturday morning. Slipped on some ice and shattered my forearm.

How about that glorious sunshine this morning?!

That part of town gets good service.  I went through last night and there were four vans parked around the North Avenue underpass with workers all over.  Not only was the standing water gone but the tunnel was bone dry!  They must have had blowers running on it all afternoon.

Gene Tenner said:

I got out the pontoons and was fine.

I just reported it to the Park District.

I put one in yesterday. :-) I hope multiple requests result in quick work! 

David Altenburg said:

The potholes on Milwaukee and Augusta are getting worse. Until today, there was at least a narrow strip of pavement that would allow you to avoid the cluster of potholes, but now that strip has disintegrated. I've put in a 311 request, but be really careful if you ride SB Milwaukee.

My bike had a flat this morning and I discovered this formula.

Divvy + Headwind + Non-Aerodynamic Bag = Good Burn!

Holy GUSTS, Batman!

Forget what I said; it was really deep today; too deep to even go through.  Plus I soaked one foot halfway to my knee turning around and pushing myself back out.  I hope that's mostly water in there...

Tricolor said:

That part of town gets good service.  I went through last night and there were four vans parked around the North Avenue underpass with workers all over.  Not only was the standing water gone but the tunnel was bone dry!  They must have had blowers running on it all afternoon.

Sigh. No joy in riding today. I just couldn't get beyond the wind and damp heavy feeling.

Nice headwind coming in this morning.  That wind will shift sometime later today and will be in my face for the ride home.  Can't wait. 

I didn't think the wind was too bad, but I don't ride on the LFT

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service