Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rode comfortably, except maybe I may have forgotten my scarf, But my hands were kept warm with only these:  http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gui...

Yes. No problems.

I rode a Divvy in, spaced out and pulled up to my usual U rack in front of my office. Um, nope. Monday morning brain. However, I've never yet tried to dock my own bike at a Divvy station, so there's that.

I can usually tell what kind of day I'll have if I try unlocking my office with the house key.

There are a lot of reports of icy roads coming in from that little bit of snow we got. Remember, most of us forget about the consequences of seasons changing, so be extra cautious of drivers actions and your own on the ice. 

If I wipe out on the way home, I'll be sure to post video for all to enjoy :)

Roads are icy. Bike lanes on Clark and Dearborn in River North have not been salted, and are iced over. I ended up walking my bike on the sidewalk for a few blocks. LFT is snowy and a bit icy from North Ave to Belmont. Did CDOT/Streets and San forget that it's winter? Careful out there!

Came very close to going down on some ice at speed on Higgins, then went down near Lawrence and Milwaukee (no injuries).   Took the bus home.  Don't need to ruin my upcoming vacation.  WATCH OUT!

If I go down twice during a winter*, it's a lot for me. I went down twice tonight. The only suitable mode of transportation on Hubbard from Halsted to Wood is ice skates. 

*Certain alcohol-related incidents are excluded from the official count.

I managed to stay vertical for my whole ride home. Hope everyone is okay!

Very sorry to hear. Glad no cars were licking at your heels at that moment

I ended up leaving my bike at work because I had to make a mad dash to the Pilsen post office to get a valuable package and thought it would be waaaay too nervewracking at rush hour with potential slicks.  I jogged across Douglas Park but stayed in the grass mostly...

By the looks of things I figured it wasn't that slippery except in intersections... how did I do?

Michael Perez said:

my first winter and I busted my shit on 21st and Leavitt. Man the hood was icy as hell!!!. Tokyo drift and shit. Well atleast people were concerned when I went down. Careful out there homies.
I stayed up the whole ride home, with a few close calls. Neighborhood streets are pretty bad. Didn't see a single salt truck :(

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service