The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're not kidding.  From the Chicago marine forecast:

Today: Northeast winds 20 to 25 kt [23 to 29 mph]. Slight chance of showers in the morning. Waves 7 to 10 ft occasionally to 14 ft.

Jeremy said:

glorious tailwind

with the scary high water

completely worth it.

Biking from 26th and King to Lawndale was not a glorious ride today, but the headwind did not seem as bad as that report. Still, all you folks with your glorious tailwinds hurt my soul. : )

That was a marine forecast.  Wind is always better/worse on the lake where nothing is blocking it.

grayn8 (5.3 - 36) said:

Biking from 26th and King to Lawndale was not a glorious ride today, but the headwind did not seem as bad as that report. Still, all you folks with your glorious tailwinds hurt my soul. : )

Whether you head north then south or south then north, you're going to earn the tailwind days with some hellacious headwind days.  Just wait, it will be your turn again soon!

grayn8 (5.3 - 36) said:

I was prepared for my 5am ride way up near the WI/IL border today to get to the Metra station... gloves, jacket, long pants. It was a pleasant ride!

Once I got into Chicago, it was much warmer for my ride to the office. I hope the sun peaks out this afternoon for the commute home.

It's my first time commuting to work by bike in almost 3 weeks. 

Took the bus. Feels like fall. Too soon. Some of my flowers have not even started to bloom yet, and some have just started. Gonna need lots of green pepper recipes...

I think everyone on Milwaukee and Chicago forgot about the existence of bikes. No one was leavin any room, or using turn signals, or looking before pulling from parking to traffic. To top it all off, I almost got hit when I got off my bike crossing the street at superior and st Claire because Mr. Suit and Black SUV couldn't be bothered to look up from his cell phone Long enough to not blow the stop sign while I was in the crosswalk. He missed me, but I was pretty glad I hadn't taken my helmet off quite yet.

With the wind, as in life, what goes around comes around.  Nasty headwind southbound this morning.  And although the weather channel said it was only 8 mph, the wind on the lake was 15 gusting to 18. :-(

Agreed, you earn each tailwind fighting through some rough headwinds. But I wouldn't mind if yesterday's tailwind going south came around a little more frequently before I ditch the path for Lincoln.

I prefer a headwind on the lake to a street like Lincoln with all the red lights, six way intersections and shoalers.  Better view, too.

I did, but I almost didn't!  Dark clouds and thunder prompted me to wimp out and ask my husband to drive me downtown, figuring I could ride Divvy home.  Took 1/2 hour to get from harbor to Belmont on LSD!  I could have been to work by then!    And the worst of the dark clouds and the thunder had gone.  So we went back, I got on my bike and rode in!  Nice ride home, too.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service