The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing like fighting the wind for 17 miles into work and then leaving work to find the wind got stronger and shifted around so that it's a headwind for the entire ride back home.  At least it was a lot cooler in the afternoon.

Why isn't everyone lighting up this thread with how awesome the morning commute was?! Long sleeves and no sweating?! Tailwinds?! Pure Bliss. 

Happy Friday. 

I was a bit surprised at how chilly it was this morning – perfect weather for my wool zip-up. I wish I'd had worn gloves though, as my fingers got a bit chilly. Much better than the 90°F weather from Monday!

Been busy. Short sleeves and no sweating for me. Wonderful tail wind.

So nice to not be hot, and to know it won't be hot going home, either. :-)  Did manage to get caught in a wave wash at Oak Street that soaked my right foot as I rode through. :-(  Good thing I have all day for things to dry.

It was nice out there, this morning.  Not crowded, again, either.

Oh man it was cold this morning for my 6am ride to the Metra station up north in Fox Lake!

I failed to check the weather forecast beyond looking out the window to check for rain. I left my house in my typical summer biking clothes... a basic lightweight moisture-wicking generic sports shirt and light weight running shorts.

I got outside and thought... "uh oh, this will be a cold ride"... and it was! I didn't have time to run back inside to grab a long sleeve shirt or full pants, or else I would have missed my train.

I hope the ride this afternoon to Union Station will be warmer!

My wife yelled at me to throw a hoodie in my pack yesterday morning before I left.  I didn't want to, but I did so she would stop and I could leave.  About 2 blocks in, I had to stop and put it on.  Thanks, babe!

JimmyD 3.75 mi said:

Oh man it was cold this morning for my 6am ride to the Metra station up north in Fox Lake!

I failed to check the weather forecast beyond looking out the window to check for rain. I left my house in my typical summer biking clothes... a basic lightweight moisture-wicking generic sports shirt and light weight running shorts.

I got outside and thought... "uh oh, this will be a cold ride"... and it was! I didn't have time to run back inside to grab a long sleeve shirt or full pants, or else I would have missed my train.

I hope the ride this afternoon to Union Station will be warmer!

Take a ride this afternoon.  Great sunny day for a ride!

Now THAT was a tailwind!  Fastest I have ever made it to work. :-)  South siders, it looks like it will be a tailwind for you going home.

a bit chilly in the west burrrrbs this morning. coulda used another layer.

glorious tailwind

with the scary high water

completely worth it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service