Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gene, thanks for the lovely pix. Good to see you are back.

Always look forward to fall weather, for some reason the mornings seem more vibrant around this time. Great pics by the way.  

Gene, its good to have you back. Thank you for the updated desktop backgrounds! :) 

20 Miles this morning.  Wore my mittens, which I didn't need.  Finally got wool sock liners.  But feet got cold at mile 15.  Shoe covers are on the way.

Shoe covers are the way to go for feet.  It feels warmer out today though I didn't bike since the car needed to be dropped off for a recall inspection.

So good to see the beauty of the lakefront in fall. Thanks.

Gene Tenner said:

10-26-13 bike ride photos

Rode 12 miles Getting the kinks worked out on my new ride

What a magnificent day!  I rode to the McCormick Bridgehouse Museum at Michigan and Wacker to see the museum and to buy Patrick McBriarty's book: Chicago River Bridges.  It is a gorgeous book and Patrick signed it.  Then I took the Riverwalk over to the LFP which was really pretty empty for noontime on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  Rode up to Belmont Harbor to watch some sailboat races and have lunch.  And rode home.  This was a perfect bike riding day.  As a matter of fact, maybe this should be cross-posted on the most beautiful day thread!

That sounds like a really fun day!

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

What a magnificent day!  I rode to the McCormick Bridgehouse Museum at Michigan and Wacker to see the museum and to buy Patrick McBriarty's book: Chicago River Bridges.  It is a gorgeous book and Patrick signed it.  Then I took the Riverwalk over to the LFP which was really pretty empty for noontime on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  Rode up to Belmont Harbor to watch some sailboat races and have lunch.  And rode home.  This was a perfect bike riding day.  As a matter of fact, maybe this should be cross-posted on the most beautiful day thread!

nice ride in

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service