The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You sir, are far more bad-ass than I. I got a bit of blood drawn for a test and nearly passed out.

Haddon said:

Got up, went and donated blood and went for a jaunt, almost passed out.  In that fine line between passing out and sleeping that can be found around events to do with alcohol and blood donation I took a snooze under a tree.  Got up, went to 7-11 got a big gulp and kept going.  28 miles.

Last night was probably the most stressfull ride home I've ever had. Cars on my butt and passing the entire way, all coming up on me way too fast and then having to brake suddenly due to oncoming vehicles... on 8 blocks of sidestreets. This morning I was witness to crazy out of control road rage in the block of Cermak I ride (involving a car, a CTA bus and a van). I suppose the heat has something to do with it, but I'm not sure exactly what since these folks have AC in their little bubbles.

Actually, that looks pretty sharp.

His shoes are a dark brown, and as long as he wears a matching brown belt, it's OK.

Duppie, who likes to wear a dark blue suit with brown leather shoes, belts, and a satchel himself

Evan said:

Brown shoes with that suit? He should be ashamed! 

Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

Laws, as they are called, are for the little people.

Meet the guy who stood, passenger door open, fixing his hair in the reflection of his window in the bike lane.  When I was forced to stop (because his standing caused southbound cyclist to salmon around him), I explained that he was blocking the lane, and that is illegal.  He told me that he knows it is illegal, and he doesn't care.  Then he walked away, leaving his car in the lane.

He called back to me to call the cops, and if said if they get there and ticket him before "his guy" comes to move his car, that's okay with him.  I did, and 12 minutes later, his "guy" showed up to move his car - no cops.

blair said:

Buzzed by a cab all the way from Milwaukee/Augusta to the Merchandise Mart.  Didn't say a word to him, but took his photo.  He got out and yelled, "Take a photo as I'm slapping the shit out of you!".  #2480.

Great way to start the morning!

Heat makes people go crazy. Have you ever been to Phoenix? Bunch of car-crazed nuts over there. :-)

h' 1.0 said:

Last night was probably the most stressfull ride home I've ever had. Cars on my butt and passing the entire way, all coming up on me way too fast and then having to brake suddenly due to oncoming vehicles... on 8 blocks of sidestreets. This morning I was witness to crazy out of control road rage in the block of Cermak I ride (involving a car, a CTA bus and a van). I suppose the heat has something to do with it, but I'm not sure exactly what since these folks have AC in their little bubbles.

No.

Yes, but "Holy steambath, Batman!"

Tonight ...

Yes, it was fantastic! For my route, today was the toughest of the week with upper 80s temps and a 15 mph headwind.

A big thank you to the three 18-wheelers that assisted me down Ashland. Your ability to cut though wind, your low acceleration, and your adequate use of signals is quite pleasant. If possible, I recommend everyone find something predictable to draft behind during your rides. Be safe. 

No. Still enjoying the Metra.

Today I found out that is has an added benefit: @ChiBrewhub now sets up shop at the Ravenswood Metra stop every morning. Fresh Iced Coffee served from a bike trailer. Awesome!

Of course it carries the risk that I may never get back on my bike again...

That's cool Gene.  I think me and wife will stop by tonight.

Gene Tenner said:

Tonight ...

Here's a situation I would be sooooooo temped to door myself...

Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

Laws, as they are called, are for the little people.

Meet the guy who stood, passenger door open, fixing his hair in the reflection of his window in the bike lane.  When I was forced to stop (because his standing caused southbound cyclist to salmon around him), I explained that he was blocking the lane, and that is illegal.  He told me that he knows it is illegal, and he doesn't care.  Then he walked away, leaving his car in the lane.

He called back to me to call the cops, and if said if they get there and ticket him before "his guy" comes to move his car, that's okay with him.  I did, and 12 minutes later, his "guy" showed up to move his car - no cops.

blair said:

Buzzed by a cab all the way from Milwaukee/Augusta to the Merchandise Mart.  Didn't say a word to him, but took his photo.  He got out and yelled, "Take a photo as I'm slapping the shit out of you!".  #2480.

Great way to start the morning!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service