The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then I'd pea on thier foot. (had to misspell in order to keep this thread alive)

Serge Lubomudrov said:
Yeah . . . they sneeze in your tea ;)

Juan said:
I work in the westloop at a model shop as a machinist. I could take the green line from door to door, but waiting to get on a train full of sick people is not my cup of tea.
a few extra layers and a few extra minutes to catch the metra tomorrow.

If you don't consider cold a problem, then I'd say my ride today was perfect!

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. My guess is that I'll be freezing my butt off, but I can still say, "Sayonara, suckahs!" to that long train of motor vehicles waiting for the light to change as I make my way to the front of the line. Hee hee. (Yeah. We are going to be really cold tomorrow, people.)

Tonight was great and the roads were clear. Tomorrow is supposed to be bitterly cold with a wind chill advisory in effect starting at 11am.
Ugh. This happened to me too tonight and my hands were too numb to do anything about it roadside so I had to walk the last half mile home with my bike under my arm. My plan to use the road bike to gain some time over the coaster brake upright bike backfired big time.

Melanie said:

I will have to fix that since now my brake system seems to be attached to my tire. 

Who knew id be sweating on my ride!
That wasn't anything this morning, but I wouldn't try anything colder with the gear I have

My 9:00 canceled. By the time I have to get on my bike at 12:30, it'll be positively balmy. Hee hee.

Actually, I am very nervous. They are making it sound like any exposed skin is going to be frostbitten in less than 2 minutes.

I don't expose any skin under 15 degrees anyways...maybe that's why I was sweating on my ride to bar night last night!

I didn't ride today but at the bus stop cheered on bunny eared david and another cyclist on clark!

Holly said:

My 9:00 canceled. By the time I have to get on my bike at 12:30, it'll be positively balmy. Hee hee.

Actually, I am very nervous. They are making it sound like any exposed skin is going to be frostbitten in less than 2 minutes.

It all depends on the direction you are going. Riding into the wind I advise using a facemask of some sort. Going with the wind, not so much. I rode with my headband (as usual) and added a gaiter this morning, leaving most of my face uncovered. That was plenty warm. But I did have the wind in my back

Holly said:

They are making it sound like any exposed skin is going to be frostbitten in less than 2 minutes.

With or w/o wind that was one of the coldest rides I've ever had, but thanks to a few extra layers it was still more tolerable than the train.  Plus, I have 8 hours at work to warm back up before heading home.  Good luck out there everyone!
My trick is face down, and lots of finger and toe wiggling. And if your feet still get cold, Mr. Bike suggests you stop and stomp your feet.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service