The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't ride to work today, but did the Evanston RoS this evening.  Thanks to David Barish for setting it up and Chris Mailing and the folks at Wheel & Sprocket for providing shirts for the riders and pizza and beverages afterwards.

You guys got pizza?! All we got were bagels! :-)

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Didn't ride to work today, but did the Evanston RoS this evening.  Thanks to David Barish for setting it up and Chris Mailing and the folks at Wheel & Sprocket for providing shirts for the riders and pizza and beverages afterwards.

So I was told at the start.  (In fact, I was told some of the beverages were of the sudsy variety.)  Interestingly enough, the route rolled right past my house at about the nine-mile mark.  It was starting to get a bit dark.  I couldn't see riding to the end point and then home in the dark.

Ah. There was actually a decent selection of fresh veggies, hummus, bagels, chips, and various dessert items. Quite tasty. Thanks to whomever provided the food!

What a beautiful ride on LFP.  Lake was flat as a mirror!

I was running a bit late today and took Clark St instead.  Sorry I missed the lake.  I love it when it's glassy.

Here ya go.

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

I was running a bit late today and took Clark St instead.  Sorry I missed the lake.  I love it when it's glassy.

Attachments:

+1

Nice day heading out to O'Hare, too; especially the stretch of Higgins west of E. River -- surrounded by trees, wide open, and the temp drops a good ten degrees from the shade.  It ain't the lake, but cool, green and fast can be pretty sweet, too.  :) 

you rode your bike to O'hare?

Rich Evans said:

Nice day heading out to O'Hare, too; especially the stretch of Higgins west of E. River -- surrounded by trees, wide open, and the temp drops a good ten degrees from the shade.  It ain't the lake, but cool, green and fast can be pretty sweet, too.  :) 

Plot twist: it was a flying bike.

Julie Hochstadter said:

Rich Evans said:

LOL, Adam.  Not quite, but since it's a swb/uss recumbent, with a full fairing, it does seem to come close at times.  And yes, Julie; I work at the NE corner of the field (bit west of Mannheim/Higgins), so that's been my year-round commute for some time now.  A hair over 8 mi from home plate, near Oak Park/Addison.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Plot twist: it was a flying bike.

Julie Hochstadter said:

Rich Evans said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service