The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tried out a new rain cover on my pannier bag this AM - success!  Anyone see the gusts potentially reaching 60MPH this evening? My boss relayed it to me, but I can't find anything out of the ordinary on weather.com

Actually saw two (2) bike commuters on my way to work this morning.  That's some kind of record.

I saw several on the LFT.  They all passed me. :-(

A handful on Elston this AM - passed a guy in sweatpants around Logan Boulevard  :/

Since I start in Wicker Park and have such a short ride to the Loop, I always see bike commuters--even in the dead of winter.  On nice days they seem to swarm out of the woodwork.  Today was not one of those days.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

Hit a few gusty cross-winds this morning on Wells just before turning onto Kinzie. Otherwise, a bit damp out, but a good commute.

Made it in before the lightning and thunder and most of the wind although a big gust almost knocked me over at the corner of Kinzie and Dearborn.  So we will see what develops and whether the bike stays in the office tonight. ;-)  Hope you later folks are okay out there.

good you got some miles in!  You'll feel refreshed all day.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Made it in before the lightning and thunder and most of the wind although a big gust almost knocked me over at the corner of Kinzie and Dearborn.  So we will see what develops and whether the bike stays in the office tonight. ;-)  Hope you later folks are okay out there.

For more bike commute photos from today in the the middle of the rain, thunder and lightning, click here.

made it just in time as well! Got to the south loop around 8:30, before the thunder and lightning rolled in. I caught a CRAZY headwind on Harrison that stopped me in my tracks. The pedestrians on the corner looked at me like I was absolutely nuts :)

Every now and then the light in the photos is even more interesting than usual.  Today is one of those days.

Gene Tenner said:

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service