The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed.  

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

Cooled off for this morning, but the sunrises on the lake have been awesome the past week or so.

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

Yep.  Nice morning. #30DOB

I did.  It was cold.  Whoever is p*ssing Mother Nature off, please stop...

I did. The ride home was beautiful. Until some A**HOLE decided that he didn't like the fact that he wanted to go straight from a right turn lane and I was preventing him from getting ahead of traffic.  He floored it behind me then started honking.  I turned around and he had his hand up in the air yelling something. So he pulls up next to me and starts yelling at me to pull over. I give him a friendly, one fingered gesture and smile.  He swerves towards me and then speeds off.  All of this happened while he was ON THE PHONE! So, he went straight from a right turn lane, drove through empty parking spots to get next to me and was talking on the phone and I was in the wrong??? Thanks for ruining the beautiful evening ride, A**HOLE.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Looks like we have some awesome weather ahead for the rest of the week!

Better this AM.  Still looking for some 60's or better...

Tried to make today the official back-to-bike-commuting ride of the season.  (Last regular rides in December.)  Was great except for super-close left hook from someone cutting across Elston from NB side (me on SB side) to make left into McGrath Lexus north of Diversey though a gap in backed up SB traffic.  Man, that's a dangerous driveway in morning rush - backed-up SB traffic means that you can't see the left-turn car until you are in front of it (and I guess the drivers can't see the bikes either).  If I were king, there would be no-left-turn bollards in the median at places like this where there is a PBL with a bad left-hook risk.

Just venting.

Me, too.  The wide temperature swings to morning to afternoon make it difficult.  On the other hand, these crisp, clear mornings are so pretty!

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

My bag is packed with so much clothes, I think it's giving me an additional workout. It's funny but the past few days I've been biking almost completely covered am then shorts with wool gloves pm. This am was really awesome. Starting to see a lot more folks on bikes along my commute.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Me, too.  The wide temperature swings to morning to afternoon make it difficult.  On the other hand, these crisp, clear mornings are so pretty!

grayn8 (5.3 - 36) said:

My bag is packed with so much clothes, I think it's giving me an additional workout. It's funny but the past few days I've been biking almost completely covered am then shorts with wool gloves pm. This am was really awesome. Starting to see a lot more folks on bikes along my commute.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service