The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After a week of temperatures in the 70's during my vacation in New Orleans, the weather over the last few days definitely was somewhat of a setback.

I'm done with winter. I'm ready for temps in the 40s and 50s

Agree with Duppie.

We picked my wife's new bike yesterday and took a cruise around Montrose harbor.  The wind hit us no matter which direction we were going.  That said, she had a blast on her new wheels!

So far all of these Spring rides have only inspired two feelings:

1. I miss Winter.

2. Is it Summer yet?

Gotta love the northerly wind for the morning commute though! 

Right now it's perfect.  Two sweaters, one pair of thick socks and gloves without the shells.  Any warmer and something's going to start sweating.

Looking out my window at the flags continuously pointing almost straight south suggests not loving the northerly wind for the evening commute!

T.K. 6.5 mi said:

Gotta love the northerly wind for the morning commute though! 

Absolutely beautiful day for a ride in this morning. 

Last night though, on the way home, WHOA! That was the first time in my life that I've ever had to put a foot down because of the wind. I've also never wished I had another gear as hard as I did yesterday. I was out of the saddle standing, mashing the peddles all the way from Ontario to Oak along the lake (why did I take the LFT?!). I ended up pace lining with 4 random people.

It was kinda awesome in a certain way. I have a new standard for wind now.

Last night--yuck.  This morning--I really just wanted to keep going.  Too bad we need to work to support our habits! ;-)

I am glad everyone else seemed to have the Amazing Experience I did on my bike this morning. It was a huge improvement on last night. 

I'm with Lisa... I would have rode all day, if it weren't for this pesky little job thing that pays for the bike habits!

Wind was pretty crazy last night. It was pretty stiff this morning also, but spring break makes for some nicely empty streets on my usual commute (the route of which I alter it is gonna co-incide with dropping off the kids time.) 

Yesterday my usual route also featured a scene being shot for the Chicago Fire teevee show. It was pretty fun in the morning to see [SPOILER SORT OF] two tanker trucks on their side in the soon to be a park at Loomis and Lock. On my way home actual shooting was happening. I was glad to see this sign:

as these scenes can look pretty realistic, uh, except of course for all the crew and stuff...

This morning was gorgeous, spring break = happy streets.  Last night wasn't horrible, I had 3 gusts, 1 that almost stopped me completely!  N. of Belmont wasn't too bad.  Division and Mil was insanely windy

Agree with Will. Was a nice ride in.

Sounds like my decision to wimp out and not ride yesterday was a good decision.

Today was a good ride in. Traffic seemed light; perhaps a lot of folks took off for spring break this year.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service