The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So much goodness in this pic! I'm super jealous of both the bakfiets and Mundo.

Ash L. said:

I didn't realize it would be so windy today before I set sail on the wind sock bike this morning. I must have Ben Hur'd at least 10 parked cars. 

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

congrats on getting back into the riding.

my crash was August and I'm finally getting back to commuting too, it feels great.

in fact; I'm gonna dig out the road bike and kits and try to get some long rides in this

weekend if the conditions remain this nice (dry). did some errands last night via bike

and no complaints about the wind. the valentine's day drivers were a little unnerving;

but all's well that ends well.

DB

Captain Swizzlestick said:

Rode last night for the first time since getting creamed by a minivan back in October. Pedaled down to Village Cycle Center and picked up my shiny new Trek 520. Something about the feel of new steel in the cold just glues a big ol' stupid grin on my face. Can't wait for the morning commute!

For more bike ride phtos from today, click here.

1:06 VIDEO: Riding over Frozen Seaweed on the Lakefront - Cliick here.

I did about 14 miles today. I forgot my balaclava (and glasses) at home, so my face was frozen and fluid was coming out of my eyes but I was smiling the entire way home. In part due to drivers seeming extra cranky today. Lots of honking and speeding.

I rode downtown as it was with the wind and was planning on heading back North via train to RoPa but the Redline not going north until Fullerton messed my plans up and after it taking nearly an hour and half to get there while still waiting out in the cold not moving I shoulda gone back by bike.

I have been in Fruit Cove, Florida (just south of Jacksonville) for two days and have managed to get a few miles in both days.  Roads are very nice.  Most have a good shoulder which they sometimes mark as bike lanes. The drivers are generally courteous except for the one who passed me and told me to get on the sidewalk.  Weather has been upper 40s and low 50s in the morning.  Must say it has been enjoyable, and I was not missing the temperatures in the teens.  Heading home tomorrow.  Could you folks try to get the temperatures back up to the 30s for me?

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

Nice ride today. Felt like Spring!

Indeed, it did.  I was lucky enough to have the day off, so my route was north from Evanston, not south.  Saw a number of other bikies out...

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service