The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You get double points.

Anne Alt 2-10 said:

I'm sorry you won't be here for our CCC meeting, but glad to hear that you're having fun.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

I rode in Dunwoody Georgia this morning!  Is that cheating?  Temperature about 50 and they have HILLS here.  Managed about seven miles on lovely streets.

I had not been on the bike since the monsoon ride on the 29th.  The ice spots on the streets are pretty much gone.  I have been spinning and actually got to xc ski on Saturday so it was an enjoyable return and not a chorus of dissent from various minority muscle groups.

I rode this morning. I rode by an accident involving a bicycle and a car at Kinzie & Jefferson today. The bicyclist looked okay, he was holding his arm, not sure exactly what happened, but my guess is a car cut off the bicyclist as I always see cars creeping into the bike lane. Fire engine and cops arrived just as I was approaching the intersection. A couple bicyclist were sitting with him. If you're on chainlink, let us know you're okay.

Saw the same scene, also hope the cyclist is okay. I agree that intersection is bad - I'm always fearful of a car turning right without stopping and looking first. Doesn't help that taxis often stop in the bike lane at that corner.

spencewine said:

I rode this morning. I rode by an accident involving a bicycle and a car at Kinzie & Jefferson today. The bicyclist looked okay, he was holding his arm, not sure exactly what happened, but my guess is a car cut off the bicyclist as I always see cars creeping into the bike lane. Fire engine and cops arrived just as I was approaching the intersection. A couple bicyclist were sitting with him. If you're on chainlink, let us know you're okay.

So nice to have roads without ice...

I know!  Love it.

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

So nice to have roads without ice...

18 miles in the morning is far and away the best way to clear ones head. so nice to be back on the road bike.

Not to be confused with the bad sight lines at Kinzie & Canal where the parking lot on the corner has constructed the masonry wall which occludes NB traffic on Canal.

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

My guess would be a right hook. The way the parking comes right up to the intersection there means very low visibility for both motorists and cyclists. Poor visibility coupled with the relatively high speed cyclists get on the downhill there pretty much guarantees right hook conflicts. It's a very dangerously designed intersection.

spencewine said:

That was quite a monsoon on the 29th.  X-c skiing?  Color me envious.

David Barish said:

I had not been on the bike since the monsoon ride on the 29th.  The ice spots on the streets are pretty much gone.  I have been spinning and actually got to xc ski on Saturday so it was an enjoyable return and not a chorus of dissent from various minority muscle groups.

Weather was nice.  Had headwind all the way in which made for a better workout, not that I was really wanting one . . . 

Yes, nice, but a bit breezy, ride in today.  Unfortunately, it appears the wind will change directions this afternoon and be in my face going home as well...

It has never occurred to me that this actually happens. When I ride home against the wind after thinking that I had ridden in against the wind, I chalk it up to imagining the morning wind in an effort to excuse my poor effort.

I feel slightly vindicated, thanks.

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Yes, nice, but a bit breezy, ride in today.  Unfortunately, it appears the wind will change directions this afternoon and be in my face going home as well...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service