The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

The butterfly does not even look real! Amazing!  And where are the mossy rocks?  Montrose?

I was amazed the butterfly did not skidaddle as I got close, too, Lisa. My usual photo-loop is to go to the Totem Pole, around through the Bill Jarvis Bird Sanctuary, then to the lakefront and staying on the upper level to the north point at Belmont Harbor, down next to the lake and back to the Waveland clock tower, where I took photos of the rocks today. Last year the moss/algae was far more colorful with reds and yellows, too. But, I take what I am given. 'Twas a fun ride.

Yes I did.  VERY light bike traffic in today.  I guess a lot of you have an extra day off for the holiday, huh?

For more bee-less photos from today, click here.

I like the bees!  Traffic at 7:15 seemed normal.  They were setting up more sculpture along the west side of the LFP between Belmont and Fullerton.  Anyone know what all of this new sculpture is about?  It is pretty cool.

Lakefront 2012 for the 23rd Annual Sculpture Conference to be held in Chicago October 2012.

Lisa Curcio said:

I like the bees!  Traffic at 7:15 seemed normal.  They were setting up more sculpture along the west side of the LFP between Belmont and Fullerton.  Anyone know what all of this new sculpture is about?  It is pretty cool.

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

Glad you got out today.  I was a slug.  The lake got bumpier after you went by!

Shot 8732, story time for sure, now that's composition!   8754, wow just wow, simultaneously coming an going.

Thanks, Gerry. Yes, beginning, middle and end does make for a good story.

For more photos from today's statue hunt, click here.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service