The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The northern point at Belmont Harbor is one of my favorite places.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

Just came back from running all of the errands.  Wonderful riding early on Sunday, and the last part I was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w40ushYAaYA

Did anyone else ride in Sunday's downpour?  I had an unexpectedly great afternoon.  Cool summer rain with no wind.  I watched the Inuksuit performance in Millenium Park in the pouring rain (100 musicians scattered throughout the lawn and pavilion playing conch shells, airhorns, sirens, gongs, maracas, drums, cymbals, xylophones, and glockenspiels).  Since I was already drenched, I had a leisurely ride home on the surprisingly well-populated LFP through the water gushing over from LSD.  I even stopped at Oak St beach to take a fully-clothed swim in warm Lake MI.  A weird, fun afternoon and evening.

The 35-mile Four Star Bike Tour started off beautifully, then clouded over, drizzled, rained harder and repeat. Once you are wet, you are wet and it matters no more. The tour went right through Oak Park where I grew up and I snuck in a nostalgic reunion with my growing-up house. Fun, rain or not.

JeffB said:

Did anyone else ride in Sunday's downpour? 

Well that's an interesting shot!  Hope you arrived well after the SUV arrived.

Made it in just fine. I sometimes feel that I am overly cautious and too safety minded. But this is my biggest fear - an errant moron driver losing control and me ending up as just brick splatter.

The older we get the greater our sense of mortality . . . . .

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service