The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love riding in a slow drizzling rain.  Very refreshing.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

For more bike commute photos from today that had me completely soaked at the very end, click here.

Can see those clouds behind the swing set!  I looked at the radar early and decided to leave early to avoid the thunderstorms--which I did!

Used my rain cape.

If you don't have one of these you should.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/CAMOmnifindQueryCmd?storeId=226...

does that work? 

Bike Cape is made of lightweight coated nylon with a 6 inch reflective stripe on the back. Adjustable elastic thumb loops to hold the cape down at handle bars. Elastic legs loops keep back of cape close to rider. Sculpted visor for good visibility.

Sounds like a great solution to the getting more wet from sweat than from the rain problem. Thanks h!

I missed this morning's deluge by like a minute. 

h' said:

Used my rain cape.

If you don't have one of these you should.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/CAMOmnifindQueryCmd?storeId=226...

You are smarter than I, Lisa. Had I not putzed around the kitchen this morning, not refilled the ice tray and not taken photos on the way in, I would have arrived as dry as the Sahara. However, I pulled out my light windbreaker, put my rain-pants over my backpack to protect the contents and arrived in a wet but un-chilled state.

Lisa Curcio said:

Can see those clouds behind the swing set!  I looked at the radar early and decided to leave early to avoid the thunderstorms--which I did!

Got stuck in it and loved every minute of it.

YEA!!!

Although, I don't think I can share the sentiment if I were heading in to work where I am expected to be presentable as soon as I walk in to the door.

spencewine said:

Got stuck in it and loved every minute of it.

The weather was beautiful this morning

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service