The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Easy day today. I was expecting slippery streets and didn't find them so.

Traffic on the main arteries seems to be less aggressive than usual due to the school break, which helps.

Dude, Kev, Chill ;-)

Today's ridin was wonderful! I loved the fog this morning. Wasn't very cold at all for my 2nd ride and my ride home should be nice weather as well but who knows ;-)

I did neglect my chain BADLY this winter and it has already begun to rust. Remember Winter bikers: Lube is your friend (always) ;-)

For once I understand the significance of your winking smiley.

Am I making progress or are you slipping?

Gabe said:

Dude, Kev, Chill ;-)

Today's ridin was wonderful! I loved the fog this morning. Wasn't very cold at all for my 2nd ride and my ride home should be nice weather as well but who knows ;-)

I did neglect my chain BADLY this winter and it has already begun to rust. Remember Winter bikers: Lube is your friend (always) ;-)

I did it! I was weighing the drudgery of de-icing/snowing the car and riding and my bike won. Woo hoo!

I have been hosing my bike down every other day and lubing when it needs it. I have discovered that I love Chet so I'm going to be nice to him/it henceforth. As a "company bike" it's been sorely neglected. Now with the cheap $30 fenders and my rack (no messenger bag, yeah!), I'm finding this bike to be the ultimate winter rider.

congrats holly, you make me feel guilty putting my bike in my suv and driving to Element so I can ride it indoors on a computrainer

Holly said:

I did it! I was weighing the drudgery of de-icing/snowing the car and riding and my bike won. Woo hoo!

I have been hosing my bike down every other day and lubing when it needs it. I have discovered that I love Chet so I'm going to be nice to him/it henceforth. As a "company bike" it's been sorely neglected. Now with the cheap $30 fenders and my rack (no messenger bag, yeah!), I'm finding this bike to be the ultimate winter rider.

Progress Howard! ;-) Good Job Holly! Michael???

H3N3 said:

Gabe said:

Dude, Kev, Chill ;-)

Arrrrrrggggghhhh!

Rode to work. Joined Lee for the Near West Side Research Ride #2. What's not to like?

Gabe said:

Dude, Kev, Chill ;-)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/60393486 I train inside during the winter, I still ride outside often but it is hard to get a good workout in

Gabe said:
Progress Howard! ;-) Good Job Holly! Michael???

H3N3 said:

Gabe said:

Dude, Kev, Chill ;-)

Both on and off the bike right, Gabe?

Gabe said:

Remember Winter bikers: Lube is your friend (always) ;-)

I love this thread: going along as the winter days change.  I hope this thread becomes a permanent top 10.

No bike til Monday.  Off to TX for family Christmas.  I'm sure I'll need a martini and the biking upon my return! In that order . . .

Rode to work and back today (Uptown to River North). Ran into the Hi Guy on the Lakefront path and chatted for a bit. Don't forget to say hi when you see him!

in it to win it said:

No bike til Monday.  Off to TX for family Christmas.  I'm sure I'll need a martini and the biking upon my return! In that order . . .

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service