Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 139002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good day for kites.  Bad day for boats and port-a-potties!

I am sure that Mr. Flamingo is happy to finally make it to the front page.

Many of the kites were kite-boarders zipping around and doing tricks just north of Montrose Beach. 'Twas fun to watch. I just wonder if someone was in the port-a-pottie when it tipped.

Flamingo loves the wind, as do I, and the fame that comes from making the front page.

Lisa Curcio said:

Good day for kites.  Bad day for boats and port-a-potties!

I am sure that Mr. Flamingo is happy to finally make it to the front page.

I had one of those #@$%-it moments at 7:30 this morning: 3 miles into my 5 mile ride to work, I realize I'd left something I had to have behind.  Turn around, return home, grumbling all the way about how my own forgetfulness would cost me my daily bagel-and-coffee-and-the-paper half an hour, one of the things I most enjoy about my day.  But then I recontextualized it: I'd added 6 miles to my ride, and it's a beautiful morning, take the Lake route rather than sidestreets back north.  Any mistake that leads to more time on the bike is actually not a mistake.

Love the attitude! I got a ticket for being in the forrest preserve after sunset. Had know idea they do that.  Decided to consider it a donation to the township :)

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

From yesterday aftternoon:

They must have just put that up--it was not there on Sunday!

'Twas not there Wednesday morning, but found a home to roam by 4:45 in the afternoon.

Lisa Curcio said:

Now, where are those deer and antelope playing?

Gene Tenner said:

'Twas not there Wednesday morning, but found a home to roam by 4:45 in the afternoon.

Lisa Curcio said:

Bill Savage said:

Now, where are those deer and antelope playing?

Not today but yesterday. It was delightful until... Left the loop around 615 and figured that I would turn on my light around 7.  At that time I went to do so and lo and behold, the light was not there.  Somehow it had become dislodged from its mount without the addled rider being aware.  I was sure it must have happened around the post office on Lincoln north of Addison where the road leaves something to be desired.  I retraced my pedals but found nothing. It got pretty dark towards the end of the ride but I got home ok and it was an inexpensive light.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service