The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does "I 'rode'" = "loved snowmobiling"?

Kevin C said:

I "rode" Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

I wish, I wish, I wish I could ride today. Blew out my knee skiing. Gonna be a while before I'm on the Madone again. Enjoy, my hardy fellow bikers.

What strange times we live in. Warm and sunny out. My first thought out the door was whether I'd regret wearing a hat.

Ditto!

I go to say, after 50 years in this city, I have never seen a "winter" like this one...  gotta love it.

Jim S said:

Good commute this morning. It's my first time back on a bike in a week; I was trying to kick a cold that I had picked up. I was starting to get restless.

Yes it does!

Joe Studer said:

Does "I 'rode'" = "loved snowmobiling"?

Kevin C said:

I "rode" Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

it has been way to nice the past few days

I WAY overdressed today.  Last Friday I underdressed during the storm and forgot my goggles.  

Lots of standing water in the Lakefront path underpass at Chicago Avenue. I went around to the underpass at the beach so I wouldn't have wet feet all day. Otherwise, it was really peaceful out there on the path this morning.

I so wanted to ride this morning, but the cold I thought I had kicked came back with a vengeance into my chest...Argh.

I knew it had to be a good day to ride when I saw other bike commuters that I had not seen in a long time, if at all.

I rode and even got to be a semi-good Samaritan to someone who had a flat and had nothing to fix it with. Of course, my pump broke, and I had to flag down 2 other cyclists to enlist their aid. Overall, I  felt good about it, and the ride was really nice today as the weather has been so great. Happy to see all the people on the path, and that they were prepared for flats, too LOL

Automobile traffic moving way too fast on Cermak.

ДА

Back in the saddle.  I empathize completely with those sidelined, for whatever issues.  

Wishing all those who need to heal up, a fast recovery.  The pooch on the leash leading a runner on the LFP had it going on.  Sparkling eyes, mouth open, in the moment, focused straight ahead.  Easy effortless gate too. 

Jeez I startle like a second grader.  Looked back to pass left and there's a black clad ninja on my wheel.  Do you ever announce, behind or second spot or alert the lead rider?  

Whats good etiquette in this situation.   

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service