Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is exactly how I gear up to stay warm. I must say, I have seriously scared a few, made some laugh, and mostly get curious looks and a few ugly stares. Because of my all red color clothing and semi mirrored lenses, I have been called Spiderman a few times. LOL

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Yes, I did!

Boo!

I walked my dog this morning and thought "Man! It is cold today!" He's a Husky! He seemed cold, too.

It was about 12 outside. I've been spoiled by the mid-twenties this week. Fortunately, I get to ride in the afternoon when it's warmer. I am really impressed with all of you who are riding so early in the morning when it's cold, cold, cold.

those gloves look pretty sweet. Do they cut the wind chill well? What are they? How much do they cost?

Man, it seems like I haven't missed a day in months. No driving, no trains. Loving it!

Breaking in a new pair of selvage jeans this morning... ouch. Otherwise a decent ride :)

Most of my icebeard melted by the time I took this picture.

envane x said:

Icebeard is my favourite part of winter riding.

Oh man. I am just getting used to the idea of paying $140 for some Swrve Pants. But $295 for a pair of pants?

They look pretty though.

Scott said:

It was a nice one out there today.  Did not even need to wear wool baselayers under my Filson whipcord wool pants.

I believe they are swix brand. I got a pair at an REI in austin for 25 bucks but the price may be due to the fact that nobody needs more than liner gloves down there.

The wind protection is decent, i find that the tips of my fingers are subject to get a little cold when it is intense out there but overall really good gloves.

I am still thinking about getting some waterproof-windproof liners for the worst days.

ALSO I made it all week! The early jitters that I had before the start of snow have pretty much gone away and i have much less doubt about staying in the saddle. As I mentioned before, the intensity of the weather is about as bad as the depths of summer in texas except you get the added fun of trying to navigate through the questionable bits

last night i tried out this hat, its been plugged on here before but I want to remention that it is incredible. the perfect combo of warmth and breath-ability for those of you out there who hate the more restraining balaclava or think that they are too hot

Davo said:

those gloves look pretty sweet. Do they cut the wind chill well? What are they? How much do they cost?

Forgot to add this for the hat http://www.beardhead.com/

sounds like those swix brand lobsters have been on closeout for a while...maybe there is some defective design flaw like spontaneous combustion we should be worried about : P

garrett said:

I believe they are swix brand. I got a pair at an REI in austin for 25 bucks but the price may be due to the fact that nobody needs more than liner gloves down there.

The wind protection is decent, i find that the tips of my fingers are subject to get a little cold when it is intense out there but overall really good gloves.

I am still thinking about getting some waterproof-windproof liners for the worst days.

ALSO I made it all week! The early jitters that I had before the start of snow have pretty much gone away and i have much less doubt about staying in the saddle. As I mentioned before, the intensity of the weather is about as bad as the depths of summer in texas except you get the added fun of trying to navigate through the questionable bits

last night i tried out this hat, its been plugged on here before but I want to remention that it is incredible. the perfect combo of warmth and breath-ability for those of you out there who hate the more restraining balaclava or think that they are too hot

Davo said:

You guys think this will keep me warm?

if laughter really warms your heart, maybe

My bones are cold.  I'll warm them up watching BONES.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Minh said:

You guys think this will keep me warm?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service