The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just stepped out to my porch, and by god, computer is right. It's 45 degrees in January at 7:30 am. 

I recall various articles like this posted around the internets last year.  One excerpt:

Paul Pastelok, AccuWeather.com Expert Long-Range Meteorologist and leader of the Long-Range Forecasting Team, said this winter will be similar to last year, in terms of both snow and cold.

"The difference, though, is that last year, Chicago was hit with heavy snow later in the season. This year, it will be earlier," Pastelok explained.

Something tells me that we should fear February. Have fun riding your bikes today! That's what I'm gonna do. 

I had an excellent ride. Aside from the fact that I'm commuting N/NW, which means I hit some of the SSW headwinds, it was pure bliss. I'm super excited for the ride home!

Not yet, but I plan to. It is to nice not to ride.

Gorgeous day to ride- sadly, part of it was ruined when one of the cars next to me decided to use their windshield wipers and spray just at the moment I was passing their windshield.  Luckily I wore my glasses today, which received the majority of the spray- although a bit did sting my eyes. Otherwise, beautiful day to ride!

I had a similar experience:  passing the car-wash place at Clark and Ridge, the spray from one of the booths wafted into my path and I was doused.  No harm done, but it was somewhat annoying. 

Melanie said:

Gorgeous day to ride- sadly, part of it was ruined when one of the cars next to me decided to use their windshield wipers and spray just at the moment I was passing their windshield.  Luckily I wore my glasses today, which received the majority of the spray- although a bit did sting my eyes. Otherwise, beautiful day to ride!

Finally saw some other people in the women's locker room of my bike garage!  It's been a ghost town lately.

Loving this weather!

Women should be obscene and not heard. -- Groucho Marx  ;)

122782_ said:

Finally saw some other people in the women's locker room of my bike garage!  It's been a ghost town lately.

Don't forget your sunscreen today.

If you have a bike you should be on it at least a bit, 56 degrees as of 2:30 and sunny, how can you not want to ride today. 

Today's winds were pretty crippling on the big rig. I took off the box's rain cover hoping to alleviate some of the wind sail effect I experienced yesterday but today's ride was still pretty brutal heading south and west.

I also need to give my rims a good wipe down with a wet rag. There's a ton of caked on mud that combined with the closeness of the v-brake pads make for a feeling of trudging through molasses. Ditching the kid at home tonight and riding to the bar on a much more agile personal bike. 

Too bad it was cloudy for the PM commute. However, once I got away from the southern winds,  I felt like a cat 1 racer. It's amazing how much faster you can go when it's not below freezing.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service