The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen cars try and drive onto the bike path at Ardmore... they must think its a tiny road.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Windy heading south on the Lake Front Trail. There was also this… And no, that was not a Park District vehicle, the SUV had standard plates. She just parked there to check her phone or something.

With a primarily N-S route, though, it's always kind of karmic - you would have had an awesome tail wind this morning, but then you'd be plowing into a stronger headwind this evening - with snow, from the looks of it!

Ryan Stahlman said:

Thanks for the link. Looks like I would have had an awesome tail wind. Drat!

She looks lost, although those look like Illinois plates.  I've seen cars accidentally drive in just about everywhere there's a street crossing.  I'm a bit surprised at all the snow on the trail today.  I guess it wasn't plowed much during the week due to the cold.

I doubt she was lost. I gave her a "wtf" look as I rode past and she just looked at me pissed and went back to checking her phone. They were definitely standard IL plates.

Tricolor said:

She looks lost, although those look like Illinois plates.  I've seen cars accidentally drive in just about everywhere there's a street crossing.  I'm a bit surprised at all the snow on the trail today.  I guess it wasn't plowed much during the week due to the cold.

Me too! It felt amazing.... so much better than public transit.  And I get wonderful thinking done which doesn't happen when I'm on public transit. Then it's my head in my phone. Yuck! Bad habit!

Jenn_5.5 mi said:

Yes... Finally! First time this year. 

Thanks to the headwind it was a super slow ride!

It was my first commute since the 16th and was so much better than being on the bus, again! The headwind was more than I was expecting, but it was still just great to be riding.

Julie Hochstadter said:

Me too! It felt amazing.... so much better than public transit.  And I get wonderful thinking done which doesn't happen when I'm on public transit. Then it's my head in my phone. Yuck! Bad habit!

Jenn_5.5 mi said:

Yes... Finally! First time this year. 

Thanks to the headwind it was a super slow ride!

I think some extra stress from riding in that wind caused my derailleur to explode into a thousand (or 3ish) pieces on western. It lived a good life.

A very nice stranger offered to give me a ride towards work, but couldn't get me all the way there so I took the bus. While waiting I watched some cops help fix a flat tire after an accident. Good to witness and be a part of some humanity. 

wow, def some chickensoup for the bike soul!

T.K. 8.4 mi said:

I think some extra stress from riding in that wind caused my derailleur to explode into a thousand (or 3ish) pieces on western. It lived a good life.

A very nice stranger offered to give me a ride towards work, but couldn't get me all the way there so I took the bus. While waiting I watched some cops help fix a flat tire after an accident. Good to witness and be a part of some humanity. 

Sounds like a good experience other than a blowed up derailleur.  I like seeing people help cyclists.  you should keep that derailleur as a trophy... but that's just me.  hang it on the wall or something. make some bike art out of it maybe.

T.K. 8.4 mi said:

Robert, those are some excellent ideas. I have kept some other old parts around that I broke fantastically. I'll start another thread about this broken part trophy case, so that Michael A can sleep better tonight. 

Tailwind going home!

My wife took an old wheel and we put postcards, mail, pictures whatever in it. Pretty cool and functional.

T.K. 8.4 mi said:

Robert, those are some excellent ideas. I have kept some other old parts around that I broke fantastically. I'll start another thread about this broken part trophy case, so that Michael A can sleep better tonight. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service