Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138962

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All traffic--bikes and cars--seemed very light this morning.  Last day of the holiday and making it into a four day weekend, I guess.  I loved the light car traffic!

I'm going to be very sad when they all rejoin the commute on Monday.  It's been great riding these two weeks.

I think I'm going to take Dearborn up to North tonight and take in the Zoo lights before they shut down. I hope the crowds won't be too big so late in the season, even if it's Friday.

All I can say is Yes! Today is my favorite day of the year so far.

I got to use my new snow tires yesterday for the first time! What a great invention! The only real hazard I encountered was cars fishtailing through the snow. This prompted me to use side streets and bike against traffic so I knew when to pull over. I didn't ride today but am looking forward to using these on the Lakefront Trail!

I rode this morning. The studded snow tires helped on LFT. There were a few sections where yesterday's slushy snow had been trod upon, then froze.

The view looking out over the lake was astounding this morning (6:30-7-ish). The unfrozen lake gave up wisps of fog to the cold air which looked like hundreds of little wisps of smoke. I would have stopped and snapped a pic, but it was too darn cold to expose my hands, so you'll just have to take my word for it. :-)

I skipped the commute this morning due to the possibility of frozen slush on the LFT. I appreciate the report Skip, and hope to read more updates as the day progresses. I would really like to bike in tomorrow if the trail is passable.

First Ice Beard of the season!

Ryan Stahlman said:

I skipped the commute this morning due to the possibility of frozen slush on the LFT. I appreciate the report Skip, and hope to read more updates as the day progresses. I would really like to bike in tomorrow if the trail is passable.

Ryan, search twitter for #chilft to get a variety of reports.  It's really handy in winter to see how passable/crazy the path may be and where problem spots are.

I was feeling a little lazy this morning but this thread helped me decide to ride my bike after all.  I was a little overdressed so I'll have to rethink my outfit for tomorrow's commute.  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service