Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shower's Pass convertible rain pants. 

Was not expecting snow today(or should I just expect snow every day?)! Probably be all melted by the time many of you start out. Large Marge the Barge handled it like a champ.

"Scattered Flurries" my ass.

Note that Clark between Foster and Berwyn is closed for traffic today, due to removal of a water tower.

This morning, I was able to ride by on the sidewalk, but I would think that will be closed as well at some point.

Glenwood is good alternative Northbound.

I managed to ride right through even though there was a flagman standing there. I had no idea this was happening until I got there. There were a couple news vans in there. I went through around 5:15.

At least in my neck of the woods--I think in honor of the first day of Spring--it was melting as it hit the ground in the travel lanes.  Even on the side streets.  It was only mildly annoying because it was hitting me in the face.

envane (69 furlongs) said:

I thought it was a beautiful ride in the Spring snow!

That was Mother Nature reminding you: "I'll be back."

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

It was only mildly annoying because it was hitting me in the face.

I didn't wear goggles so was getting poked in the eye by snowflakes. Supposed to get in the 40s today so the ride home will be nice! 

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

At least in my neck of the woods--I think in honor of the first day of Spring--it was melting as it hit the ground in the travel lanes.  Even on the side streets.  It was only mildly annoying because it was hitting me in the face.

Out in the frozen northwest it was accumulating on the streets, especially in the little part of unincorporated Cook county I ride through.

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

Kinda like a classic bait-and-switch, I was seduced by the promise of sunny 49-degree weather and rode out into overcast 34-degree snow. I found to my great happiness, though, that the lake front trail is now fully passable from Balmoral to Monroe, including previously un-rideable passages at Fullerton and Oak Street curve. It's still kind of icy and tricky at those spots, though. The guy behind me bit the dust on the curve, so be careful!

It was beautiful this morning.  Snow and the call of redwing blackbirds along the lake.  There were a few seriously clueless people standing in the Dearborn bike lanes this morning, though.  I don't see much of this anymore but there was something about this morning.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service