Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And I wonder, still I wonder

Who'll stop the rain?

(or at least hold it off until about six-thirty)

I brought rain pants, which should keep it from raining until I get home. Unfortunately, I can only help you until about 5:30.  Someone else will have to take the last hour.

Fun: When sleet hits your bell, and it dings.

Not fun: When sleet hits your face, and it stings.

No, I effen did not!

Umm, no.  I'm sure those of us who biked winter are mostly immune to snow at this point, but the slush/water/ice that was under the shoveled snow worried me.  Better safe and healthy, and live to ride another day. Godspeed to those who venture out.

No.  Side streets were solid ice.  Milwaukee looked clear, though.

Yup. South on Clark to Halsted down to Division was pretty good (disclaimer: I roll studs).  Only saw one other cyclist.

I did not - still recovering from torn rotator cuff from when I fell riding in the snow in January...

I had an amazing ride this morning, what a tailwind!!! I was mashing my top gear (44x12) while flying down Milwaukee Ave. That doesn't happen very often...

I freakin rode today.  Clark is always plowed so no problem there.  Evanston is another story.  Dang that wind was like... all in my face.  Definitely the wind was the obstacle for me this morning.  I felt like I had offended it and it was venting on me. har har har.  the potholes are still there except this morning they were filled with black salty water.  In like a lion, out like a...

I'm gonna guess you were heading south.  I almost dropped into my granny gear because of the headwind. I was on my mid chain ring, and second to biggest in gear in back.  I don't even remember how many gears I have back there, maybe eight.  

Kelvin Mulcky said:

I had an amazing ride this morning, what a tailwind!!! I was mashing my top gear (44x12) while flying down Milwaukee Ave. That doesn't happen very often...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service