Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trikes will wobble, but they won't fall down.

Just like the mailman:  neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dark of night . . .

Gene Tenner said:

I didn't see Gene this morning, but then I was running late, too.

It's awfully dark out for three in the afternoon.

Video of last nights fall on the ice, as promised. 1080p! I have a lot more footage of the night, including cars sliding, drivers being courteous, and one lonely salt truck....

That's funny, Lisa, because when the weather is awful, I am tired, I needed to eat an hour ago, the heebie-jeebies are creeping up on me and I get this thought about not riding, that mail carrier creed is what brings me out of it.

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

Just like the mailman:  neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dark of night . . .

Gene Tenner said:

Nice to see you picked up yourself pretty quickly! What camera are you using? How do you like it?

T.K. 8.4 mi said:

Video of last nights fall on the ice, as promised. 1080p! I have a lot more footage of the night, including cars sliding, drivers being courteous, and one lonely salt truck....

+ Effin 1

T.K. 8.4 mi said:

60605 to Edgewater via Franklin/Halsted/Southport/Clark was dry.

O'Hare to Roscoe/Sayre was still slick in spots.  Tires are fine, but shoes are slippery on stops sometimes.

Dang. Underprepared for the cold this am. To the other riders I saw, carry on!
Chilly ride this morning!

I switched to my heavy cycling jacket today with a long sleeve wool jersey over a SS wool jersey. Still too "warm!" I'm still looking for the perfect combo.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service