Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes

no ice, lots of salt

Yes, I rode today. Regretted not buying some goggles for winter, but it was still pretty nice with the big flakes of snow coming down all around.  And the roads weren't bad- very well salted.
damn salt

in it to win it said:

yes

no ice, lots of salt

Congrats!!!

Michael A said:
So as of today I officially joined the ranks of a full time bike commuter. My trip each way is between 11-15 miles depending on the route I take. Today was my first run with the new trailer. It held the 50 lb load with no issue at all. I stayed off LFP due to the high winds coming from the east> all in all a decent day. 25 miles on my bike pulling a heavy load and 12 hours of work.

I too forgot my goggles.  While pretty to watch standing still, I felt like homer simpson saying "D'oh" riding to the train this morning.  

Days like today I prefer just biking to the blue line (1.5 miles) instead going all the way in (5.5 miles)
Gets me to work faster than walking and riding the bus to the L and lets me take quiet side streets without dealing with the traffic in the loop.
Melanie said:

Yes, I rode today. Regretted not buying some goggles for winter, but it was still pretty nice with the big flakes of snow coming down all around.  And the roads weren't bad- very well salted.

Picked up a couple bags of these last night:

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Needs some pepper :)

iggi said:
damn salt

in it to win it said:

yes

no ice, lots of salt

I was really hoping that the days of road crap flying into my mouth was over till next winter.

Switched back to the studded tires because I was so concerned about ice.  Turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Too bad the tires weren't able to protect my bike from the a--hole that decided to walk away with my seat and seat post.  Arggh.

H3N3 said:

Yes. Looked scarier than it  turned out to be.  All that dreading for nothing.

Yes.

Uneventful  ';-)

Sorry to hear that. Was it quick release or bolted? Was it a particularly nice saddle? Did you figure out a work around? If so, what?

Joe Studer said:

Too bad the tires weren't able to protect my bike from the a--hole that decided to walk away with my seat and seat post.  Arggh.  

Off to ride in the sleet, besides, the train does not stop at the grocery store.

Thundersleet! Did I just coin that term?

I rode back through was sleet storm, which felt pretty much like miniature hail, mixed with rain and snow all in one. That might be a stupid statement since that may be the definition of sleet, but at the moment I'm too lazy to Wikipedia (verb) whether sleet may include hail as opposed just two other water forms. Winds from the SE made it seem like the milder and warmer version of our kick ass blizzard. The thunder brought back that thought. Thus,  I didn't mind it for the following reason: I can feel spring coming! Also the H20-proof gear helps:).

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service