Gorgeous sunrise on LFP today.  So glad Spring is only a few days away!!!

Views: 808

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode today....but it was cold. Looking forward to Critical Mass and BTD....hopefully warmer....

This is "passable" weather for March.

Mike Zumwalt said:
I'm whooped, face wind burned and legs tired. But for *March* this is nice weather.
It is late May in a town without a single hill. I should not be ruing my decision to buy a bike without a triple.
But secretly, you are. C'mon, you can tell us...

Dr. Doom said:
It is late May in a town without a single hill. I should not be ruing my decision to buy a bike without a triple.
Is that the SUN I see?
Indeed- I had to wear shades today! Seems that the future is bright for all of us again.

in it to win it said:
Is that the SUN I see?

That's because today is FRIDAY FRIDAY and tomorrow is Saturday 
And Sunday comes afterwards -gonna have a ball today!

Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah !

Melanie said:
Indeed- I had to wear shades today! Seems that the future is bright for all of us again.

in it to win it said:
Is that the SUN I see?
Thunder, lightning, rain and warm temps! I felt so happy riding today as I really enjoy warm spring/summer rain storms. FYI: the traffic light at the intersection of Belmont and Lincoln is out- quite a mess as people do not understand what "right of way" means at that intersection or at least that was my observation.  Got drenched on the commute but enjoyed every minute of it!

I enjoyed my ride in as well.  As usual I'm "nuts" according to my co-workers.

The irony is most of them showed up wetter than I was and they didn't have a nice dry set of clothes to change into!

Melanie said:

Thunder, lightning, rain and warm temps! I felt so happy riding today as I really enjoy warm spring/summer rain storms. FYI: the traffic light at the intersection of Belmont and Lincoln is out- quite a mess as people do not understand what "right of way" means at that intersection or at least that was my observation.  Got drenched on the commute but enjoyed every minute of it!

Note to Mother Nature:

Come on now!  I ride to work in shorts & t-shirt; I ride home in running pants, sweatshirt, jacket, gloves and ear-bra.  Look, I can appreciate a little joke just like the next guy; but I think this one's gone a little far.  May we please have our weather back???

The ride to work started out pleasant enough- even the chill in the air wasn't all that bad and no rain as of yet.  Sadly, I realized I had a flat just after passing the intersection of Belmont/Lincoln/Ashland. I really wished that I had that tire jack someone posted earlier this week. As I started to take the tire off to replace the tube, it started pouring rain.  I managed to get the tire off, tube on, tire back on and centered, then pumped it up enough to make it to my office- on my way I saw another cyclist on Wells near Lincoln changing his tire, too, and I sympathized.  Watch out for all that glass during this rainy weather and get some decent tires. Otherwise, typical spring day.

It was just starting to get comfortable and for the first time I actually wore a short sleeved shirt the last couple of days.  Yesterday I wished I had stuck with the long-sleeves.  I won't be tricked again.  The short-sleeves will stay put away until July!

July and early August are the only two months of the year that are warm enough for my tastes.  I'm still cold up until the low 90's.  I'd prefer it closer to 100 or better.   I'm sick of this arctic weather!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service