How many other cyclists did you see on your commute this morning?

I'll start: 1.

Views: 8475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saw 2 cyclists at 18th & Clark waiting for the light to change. Saw about 1/2 dozen riding in various locations in the Loop. Most bike racks I saw in the Loop today were completely empty.

I had to go get a haircut before I went to work, so I was earlier than normal and on a different route, but I was still on city streets.  I did not see a single cyclist!

Been Divvying the last two days because I've been too lazy to fix a rear flat. Saw two people out on Damen at 6am. Too bad as it was real nice out.

On a sad side note, some asshat broke or bent all the spokes on the entire station of bikes at Western and Division. I wonder how often Divvy gets vandalized.

Having a commute in a bike friendly neighborhood without seeing a single cyclist. That is exceptionally rare and to me is the hallmark of a true year-round biker.

Welcome to the club, Lisa!

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

I had to go get a haircut before I went to work, so I was earlier than normal and on a different route, but I was still on city streets.  I did not see a single cyclist!

Four on the Pulaski/Elston/Milwaukee/Kinzie/Loop route. A little wet at 8:30-9, but still pleasant for this time of year!

That really sucks.

EssFresh said:

Been Divvying the last two days because I've been too lazy to fix a rear flat. Saw two people out on Damen at 6am. Too bad as it was real nice out.

On a sad side note, some asshat broke or bent all the spokes on the entire station of bikes at Western and Division. I wonder how often Divvy gets vandalized.
Zero, granted I left at 4:45 this morning. Side roads are dusty and main roads are clean.

Thanks for the road condition report!  I wonder if traffic (car and cyclist) will be light this week for the holiday.  Cyclist count in about two hours.

EssFresh said:

Zero, granted I left at 4:45 this morning. Side roads are dusty and main roads are clean.
I only saw about 3 this morning on Clark from Edgewater to Wells down to the loop.
I saw 2 on Roose and Wabash. Streets I saw today are totally nice and agreeable like Essfresh said. But either the wind this am was coming harder at times than I like from the west or I had too much egg nog and 151.

More than I expected:  3 eastbound Milwaukee, 1 westbound Milwaukee, 2 eastbound Kinzie, 1 westbound Kinzie.  No one on Dearborn.  And the car traffic was very light.  And there sure is a lot of salt out there, so we should all be good even if we get that bit of snow.

At least seven in Pilsen, Little Village and Bridgeport today! I'm back on the road after a rotator cuff tear and so happy to see more braving the cold than last year! Even saw a bicyclist at the post office, made me feel less awkward about leaving my helmet on inside. :D

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service