The Chainlink

I have a feeling some of us on here have more bikes than we wish to admit. I'm up to 3 so far. Bianchi Road, Giant Mountain, and Trek Hybrid (which is currently abroad).

UPDATE (as of 6/8/11) - I'm up to 6 now... 2 aren't ride-able at the moment though.

Views: 520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your secret is safe with us :))

Mark Kenseth said:
i have 1 bike, a mountina bike...but it has multiple personalities. sometimes it's touring, sometimes commuting, sometimes racing (albiet slow), and sometimes watermelon haulin. don't tell him. ignorance is bliss.
I currently have 2 bikes. One is my single speed daily driver that goes everywhere with me, and the other is a late 70's that belonged to my Father. I used to ride on the back in the little yellow seat when I was a kid. My father is no longer with us so I ride it sparingly, and attemt to keep it original as possible when it needs parts. This bike is bery special to me.
I had a mountain bike that I used for a winter bike, but a buddy of mine had his bike stolen so I offered it to him. I plan on replacing it before we see snow, and I want to add a bike I could use in races, and distance rides.
4 would be the right ammount unless I strike it rich I would add a carbon areo bike for the triathlon. Then 5 would be right.
I currently have two which is down from the five I had this time last year. Currently I have a fixie and a penny farthing. My riding this summer has been a bit different since I started working 15mi away. I really need to build a road bike. With that I should pretty happy. Road bike for commuting, fixie for around town bar and back shit, penny because it's fucking awesome on the lake and mass and when ever I feel like cheating death.
Make that 4. Got the recumbent a few months ago.

Anne Alt said:
That seems reasonable. I have 3 and they all get used: 1970s Univega road bike, late 90s Raleigh mountain bike (all-purpose sport-utility bike), and basic Dahon folding bike. Perhaps there's a recumbent in my future....

justJason said:
Right on. I definitely live by this tried-and-true algorithm. ;-)

That being said, OVERKILL might be when you have a stable of bikes and one or more just never get ridden.
I currently have 4. a Trek 2100 road bike, which gets most of my love. Also an 80's Ross touring bike for towing my son around, a Specialized mountain bike for the bumpy terrain, and a bare metal 1940's Monark Super Deluxe which has been an on and off project for a few years. Aside from mine....then there's my wife's bike, my daughter's 2 bikes, and my son's bike. Throw in the bike I built up for my sister, and the extra frames and parts I have lying around....kind of explains the current condition of my garage.

...and I wouldn't have it any other way!
My living room is starting to look like a bike shop again..... 5 in the living room, 2 downstairs....
I think we have too many: Folding Fuji Mountain Bike; Schwinn Cutter; Schwinn Sport Tourer (doored); 2 cheap bikes for parts; Specialized Globe Vienna Deluxe Hybrid; Old cruiser style bike from West Germany; Children's Trek; 2 Novara Safari Tour Bikes; Schwinn Traveler for commuting; I think we would have bought more but that is what we have so far.  We have a firm belief that on any bike we buy needs to have some portion of it customized in some way- and we will buy other bikes to use to customize the current favorite. Strange but true. I would love to swap parts if I have anything of use in our little stable. All the bikes (except our doored one) are actually rideable, although we only ride maybe 2 consistently. Only two live in the dining room, the rest are relegated to the basement like bad orphan children.

It sounds like you ride or appreciate most of them in some way.

Any pics of the German cruiser to share?

Until recently I had only three bikes; a trek mtb, a giant road bike and a masi fixie. A couple months ago I bought a swobo crosby that J from Tati was selling on here. Well when I did that I kind of shot myself in the foot. See, that bike came as a single speed cx with canti brakes. I quickly added fenders and a rack for use as my trusty commuter. However, that is a very versatile frame because it has mounts and cable stops for disc brakes, fenders, racks and derailleurs. So I guess now I won't have an excuse to add another bike for a while since I can do pretty much anything with that Crosby.

Thanks again J.

Vando you make me laugh!

Vando said:

Until recently I had only three bikes; a trek mtb, a giant road bike and a masi fixie. A couple months ago I bought a swobo crosby that J from Tati was selling on here. Well when I did that I kind of shot myself in the foot. See, that bike came as a single speed cx with canti brakes. I quickly added fenders and a rack for use as my trusty commuter. However, that is a very versatile frame because it has mounts and cable stops for disc brakes and derailleurs. So I guess now I won't have an excuse to add another bike for a while since I can do pretty much anything with that Crosby.

Thanks again J.

I've got 5 frames and only 3 complete bikes at the moment. One of the frames, an 80s Murray BSO will likely be headed to bicycle valhalla this weekend after James and I finish cannibalizing it.
A Bagillion is too many.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service