The Chainlink

Just got this email, so don't plan to ride Divvy home today:

Good morning.

Due to the weather, we will temporarily close Divvy at 12:00PM on Thursday, January 2, 2014 to protect the safety of our members and staff. No bikes can be rented after the temporary closure has begun, though any bikes in use at the time can be returned to any Divvy station with an available dock.

If you have any question about whether the system is open or closed, please call to speak with a Member Service Representative at 1-855-55-DIVVY (553-4889). You can also find the latest updates on the
Divvy website, Facebook, and Twitter. Members will also be informed of closure and re-opening via email.

In December, we served nearly 45,000 trips, and we're looking forward to serving many more this winter.

Thank you again for your support and understanding.  

- The Divvy Team and the Chicago Department of Transportation

Divvy is Chicago's newest transit system with thousands of bikes available to you 24/7. With hundreds of stations across the city, Divvy is convenient, fast, fun, and affordable.

Visit DivvyBikes.com or find us on FacebookTwitterInstagram, or Tumblr

Forward this email

This email was sent to x by info@divvybikes.com |  

Divvy | 711 SE Grand | Portland | OR | 97214

Views: 7785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably because the people complaining the closure have the same attitude as that person that starts yelling at gate agents when a flight is cancelled due to weather or something similar.  

h' 1.0 said:

Why are the people who think it's fine for Divvy to arbitrarily close without much of an explanation so much angrier than the people who think it's not? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Divvy's closing again.

With severe winter temperatures on the horizon for Monday and Tuesday of this week, we will be temporarily closing Divvy at 3:00 PM this afternoon (Sunday, January 5th). Given what some forecasters are calling "life-threatening" wind chills, we feel it is appropriate to suspend service for the safety of our riders and our staff.  

As with our first closure late last week, we'll re-open the system once conditions are safe and stations are operational. 

We realize this is our second closure within a week and would like to assure you that we expect to be open on most days this winter, just as we were open every day in December when we happily served nearly 45,000 trips.

If you have any question about whether the system is open or closed, please call to speak with a Member Service Representative at 1-855-55-DIVVY (553-4889). You can also find the latest updates on the Divvy website
Facebook, and Twitter. We welcome your feedback or thoughts by email atinfo@divvybikes.com

Please stay warm and safe! 

Divvy is Chicago's newest transit system with thousands of bikes available to you 24/7. With hundreds of stations across the city, Divvy is convenient, fast, fun, and affordable.
This email was sent to aherstein@gmail.com by info@divvybikes.com  
Divvy | 711 SE Grand | Portland | OR | 97214

Slackers!

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Divvy's closing again.

If you have been outsude today, you will understand why they ae closing. Of it's only with nearly four hours notice. Nothing but excuses, what is this world coming to...said no one ever except h 1.0.

I wonder how much money Divvy is saving by staying closed per day?  Strolling by a few Divvy stations I saw a bunch of tires with low air pressure.

I think it's equally likely that Alta Bicycle Share is losing money by being closed. 

El Dorado said:

I wonder how much money Divvy is saving by staying closed per day?  Strolling by a few Divvy stations I saw a bunch of tires with low air pressure.

What makes you think they sre saving money? Again following that "logic" they should just stay closed & get rich quick!
Also your math about a few, which I will question was really mre than 1, out of 300 gives you a microscopicly small violin to play. Folks just love to drink that "entitled brand of whine."

Probably more than likely; they are paying people to clear stations and such but are not able to take in revenue.

Kevin C said:

I think it's equally likely that Alta Bicycle Share is losing money by being closed. 

El Dorado said:

Big surprise,it's pretty bad out there and will be terrible tomorrow.  The roads and sidewalks suck out there right now, the roads were terrible last night and look even worse this morning.  Monday it is going to be insane frigid, cold enough salt will not work and the streets are never going to dry up so it's going to be icy out there.  Divvy is probably having issues out there keeping stations cleared and does not want a) it's employes out there when it is -10 before windchill and does not want unprepared riders out there trying to ride Divvy in conditions where it can be dangerous to be outside for any length of time.

Lots of businesses are planning to be closed Monday due to the extreme temperatures; even my favorite bar is going to be closed!

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Divvy's closing again.

With severe winter temperatures on the horizon for Monday and Tuesday of this week, we will be temporarily closing Divvy at 3:00 PM this afternoon (Sunday, January 5th). Given what some forecasters are calling "life-threatening" wind chills, we feel it is appropriate to suspend service for the safety of our riders and our staff.  

As with our first closure late last week, we'll re-open the system once conditions are safe and stations are operational. 

We realize this is our second closure within a week and would like to assure you that we expect to be open on most days this winter, just as we were open every day in December when we happily served nearly 45,000 trips.

If you have any question about whether the system is open or closed, please call to speak with a Member Service Representative at 1-855-55-DIVVY (553-4889). You can also find the latest updates on the Divvy website
Facebook, and Twitter. We welcome your feedback or thoughts by email atinfo@divvybikes.com

Please stay warm and safe! 

This email was sent to aherstein@gmail.com by info@divvybikes.com  
Divvy | 711 SE Grand | Portland | OR | 97214

Unlike the last shut down, I think this one is justified. The weather will really be "extreme" tonight through the early part of Wednesday morning, even for Chicago. I just hope they re-open promptly Wednesday morning. That means 5am. I hope they don't drag it out an extra day for no reason whatsoever like last time.

Damn Tom, do you even rise to your own ridiculously high bar of what is good enuf?Maybe you should move to Colorado & have a joint or two in the morning & chill.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service