The Chainlink

I wasn't able to make the open house Saturday.

An article in The Trib sounded like there was a good turnout.  

How was it?   Did you feel the city was listening to you?

Views: 871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's early days to feel this is "non transparent".  Our meeting tomorrow is one of five in our area. Please feel very welcomed to stop by. We would be very glad to have your help on our CAG if you would like to help us out.  Feel free to email me at this address and I'd be glad to answer any questions that I can about the Mid southwest region. If you need help finding any other region I'm sure that Michelle above or I would be glad to help you find anything that seems difficult to reach. Active Trans also has alot of info on their site about how to reach pretty much everything. There will also be three large scale community meetings in the New Year that are listed on the Streets for Cycling page as well. Jump in. There is plenty of information that  you could share I'm sure! Duppie"s comment carries the link to the Active Trans master page.

It seems non transparent because I'm not seeing an answer to one simple question. I'll rephrase it in case it was not clear:

How did CDOT go about choosing the volunteer leaders?

I am very happy that the City is soliciting input from people who live all over the city. The non Wicker/Lincoln Park areas of the city are woefully under cared-for in terms of bikey infrastructure, so I'm super happy in particular that input is being sought from those regions. I'm grateful for the work of the volunteers, but I'm curious about how they were chosen.

jennifer james said:

I think it's early days to feel this is "non transparent".  Our meeting tomorrow is one of five in our area. Please feel very welcomed to stop by. We would be very glad to have your help on our CAG if you would like to help us out.  Feel free to email me at this address and I'd be glad to answer any questions that I can about the Mid southwest region. If you need help finding any other region I'm sure that Michelle above or I would be glad to help you find anything that seems difficult to reach. Active Trans also has alot of info on their site about how to reach pretty much everything. There will also be three large scale community meetings in the New Year that are listed on the Streets for Cycling page as well. Jump in. There is plenty of information that  you could share I'm sure! Duppie"s comment carries the link to the Active Trans master page.

CDOT did not pick the volunteers. Active Trans put out a call for volunteers in June. Active Trans is responsible for the volunteer portion of the Streets for Cycling Plan.

I think the point is, it doesn't nec matter if you are a captain or not, they want anyone interested to help.  

I say we count our blessings there and if you have interest, start getting involved.  It's not too late.

I believe I said it yesterday, I don't know how many cities in the world actually ask their residents to help plan bike or any other infrastructure. 

Charlie Short said:

CDOT did not pick the volunteers. Active Trans put out a call for volunteers in June. Active Trans is responsible for the volunteer portion of the Streets for Cycling Plan.

I was one of the people who got the call.  They asked for more south side names, and I offered several.

FYI - Those of us who are volunteers are putting much of our time into public outreach so that as many of you as possible (and lots of other folks who aren't even on the Chainlink) can offer their input.  The point is that EVERYONE's input matters.

Julie Hochstadter said:

I think the point is, it doesn't nec matter if you are a captain or not, they want anyone interested to help.  

I say we count our blessings there and if you have interest, start getting involved.  It's not too late.

I believe I said it yesterday, I don't know how many cities in the world actually ask their residents to help plan bike or any other infrastructure. 

Charlie Short said:

What did everyone think of last night's meeting?  I had to leave early.

Another Round of Public Hearings Set for Late May and Early June

"In addition to viewing the draft 2020 network, those attending the public meetings will see possible street treatments and proposed bike facilities, and hear about the remaining challenges and next steps for the Streets for Cycling Plan 2020.

The four public meetings and two online webinars are scheduled for the following dates and locations:

• Tuesday,      May 22nd, Copernicus Center, 5216 W. Lawrence Ave., 4 – 8 p.m., presentation with Q&A at 4:30 & 6:30p.m.
  • Thursday,      May 31st, Gary Comer Youth Center - Exhibition Hall, 3rd floor, 7200 S. Ingleside Ave., 4 – 8 p.m., presentation with Q&A at 4:30 & 6:30p.m.
  • Wednesday,      June 6th, Douglas Park Cultural and Community Center - Ballroom, 1401 S. Sacramento Dr., 4 – 8 p.m., presentation with Q&A at 4:30 & 6:30p.m.
  • Saturday,      June 9th, 77 S. Dearborn – Building Lobby, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Open House
  • Monday,      June 11th, Webinar #1, 12 – 1 p.m., Reserve your Webinar seat now at: http://goo.gl/lEV2k
  • Wednesday,      June 13th, Webinar #2, 6 – 7 p.m., Reserve your Webinar seat now at: http://goo.gl/CQSS9"

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service