The Chainlink

After slamming Critical Mass, I'm thinking of doing the one in September so I can see what it's like to participate. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I can't reconcile all of the inconvenience and disruption caused by CM with its lack of meaning. I appreciate civil disobedience, but only if it's to work toward some goal, which CM doesn't seem to have.

Can you help me understand CM better to help me decide if I should participate? I'm not trolling or being a devil's advocate - and I understand if no one wants to beat this dead horse yet again.

Views: 3218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never say WHOA! in a horse-race.

Those horses have been dead for months. I don't think they'll be racing any time soon.

James BlackHeron said:

Never say WHOA! in a horse-race.

I don't know.  I see the back-sides of horses jockeying for position so I have to conclude there is a race going on here.

Maybe on friday we should all ride horses instead of bikes? Imagine the poop storm, and I'm not talking about horse shit!

a quote from San Francisco CM co-founder, Chris Carlsson in the upcoming documentary, Aftermass: a post Critical Mass Portland

"There doesn't need to be a higher purpose. The point is to live well together and celebrate human conviviality."

Yeah, that sounds like Portland. They're apparently too cool for the Mass.

Bike Smut said:
a quote from San Francisco CM co-founder, Chris Carlsson in the upcoming documentary, Aftermass: a post Critical Mass Portland

"There doesn't need to be a higher purpose. The point is to live well together and celebrate human conviviality."

Davo said:

Should we keep an eye out for a red eye article or letter to the editor soon? ;P

what

wat

Haha, Mayor Daley was supposed to show up at the tenth anniversary, heralding the end also...

h' said:

Davo said:

Should we keep an eye out for a red eye article or letter to the editor soon? ;P

LOLz  

Someone must have studied at the Joey Goebbels Institute of public relations.  If you say a lie often enough maybe, just maybe, it might become truth!  Hope springs eternal for that kind of Change & 47% of the people are never going to go for it...

But back to reality, it'll probably take a little more than a lame (and fake) press release. Hoards of Cops & Tazers might not be enough.  Perhaps they can enlist the help of the Ohio National Guard?   Too bad this wasn't April 1st -It'd be funnier that way. 

h' said:

Davo said:

Adam Herstein said:

Yeah, that sounds like Portland. They're apparently too cool for the Mass.

That is kind of true. In fact we are a few wks away from completing a 5-year documentary on why Portland does not have a Critical Mass.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service