The Chainlink

Chicago bike sharing will be known as Divvy, be Chicago flag blue

Views: 15508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://divvybikes.com/learn-more/

If you ride up to a full kiosk and press the "Station Full" button, you'll get a 15-minute credit to ride to the nearest open kiosk.  The kiosk itself can direct you to open stations nearby, as can the smartphone app or telephone customer service.

Jeff Schneider said:

One thoughtful feature that the Bixi system in Montreal has, is that if you show up at a docking station that is full, you can swipe your card and get a few more minutes free time to go to the next station.  I assume that's how it will work here, too.

Hey Divvy reps we need a URL for the stations' locations dataset.  Maybe as KML, or CSV with additional info like capacity.  I couldn't find even a map or good contact link on your site.  Heads up that Chicago's serious about such things.  I and others are used to live feeds and APIs, and will expect you to join the city's data portal.

Erik, my compliments on your work.

Erik Swedlund said:

I've been tracking known stations as they have been announced while waiting for the full official map. See mine here: http://goo.gl/maps/5xKxr

Hopefully all those people on the stationary bikes will have a lightbulb appear over their heads: "Hmm, maybe I can kill two birds with one stone!"

Thunder Snow said:

This is about New York's new bike share program, but it's apropos to Chicago as well:

I'm pretty sure that the 30 minute thing is "per bike." I think you can drop off a bike at a station, and then grab another bike at the same station for another 30 minutes. Ride all day changing bikes every 30 minutes. Otherwise, how would one ride, say 20 minutes to a bike rack near a store, go shopping at the store, and return home with just one bike? The beauty of the system is that one doesn't need to worry about the bike while shopping, dining, or at a museum or movie. Just grab another bike for a whole new 30 minutes. No more asking for a window seat at the restaurant, so you can keep an eye on your bike.

Hi Andrew,

We definitely understand the need for open data, and are thrilled that you and the rest of the Chicago community are excited to get your hands on it. 

We'll have access to station data once we get closer to launch, and even more data as the system begins operations. In the meantime, shoot me an email at info [at] divvybikes [dot] com. I'd love to hear more about what's on your wish list in terms of our data.

- Elliot

Andrew Bedno said:

Hey Divvy reps we need a URL for the stations' locations dataset.  Maybe as KML, or CSV with additional info like capacity.  I couldn't find even a map or good contact link on your site.  Heads up that Chicago's serious about such things.  I and others are used to live feeds and APIs, and will expect you to join the city's data portal.

Erik, my compliments on your work.

Erik Swedlund said:

I've been tracking known stations as they have been announced while waiting for the full official map. See mine here: http://goo.gl/maps/5xKxr

Elliot! I kept trying to come over and say hi yesterday at Bike The Drive... you all were very busy. SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Thanks, Julie! It was such a fun day. You were very busy yourself! Hope you're getting some rest today. 

It was great to see you guys out there. Looking forward to riding Divvy.

If anyone is looking at the map that the Tribune posted, keep in mind that Addison Street is mislabeled. It should say Lawrence instead.

Thanks for the link, Adam!

Is there a separate map showing locations on the West and South sides?

Not that I know of.

h' 1.0 said:

Thanks for the link, Adam!

Is there a separate map showing locations on the West and South sides?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service