The Chainlink

I've never done a century ride before, and am wanting to do one this summer or early fall.
Anyone have any recommended rides?

Views: 1284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Udder and The Apple Cider Centurys are the best !!
Bike Psychos is awesome. Easter ride is OK (it's one of the earliest).
4th of July Metric is HOT (we would ride there (Plainfield) from DuPage county and get over 120 hot miles total).

ALSO - a group of us here are hoping to do RAGBRAI this year. we need to start planning soon.
There are several options to handle logistics.
I can volunteer to host a planning party. Maybe in a few weeks....

DB

Clark said:
Perhaps. But for those who've done it The Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa RAGBRAI stands head and shoulders above all other orgainized rides.
Also - here is a great site for all the organized rides : It already has many 2010 rides listed

http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/mwrides.htm
I concur with all the people who have recommended the Apple Cider Century. Awesome ride and so pretty! I also would strongly suggest the Interplanetary Ride down in Peoria, there is a long stretch that rides on a converted rail road. It's an awesome ride. If you have time I would suggest going down to Chattanooga, TN to ride the 3-state-3-mountain ride (goes through TN, GA & AL). Awesome 108 or so beautiful miles.
If you feel like traveling, I mean TRAVELING, look at a few rides on the east coast like the Ride to Montauk, North Fork Century, et al. They are very well organized by Glen (kooky but great guy), hot showers, booze at the end, pie in the middle . . . oh and these are flat, flat, flat!

See the link:
I hear the Apple Cider closes registration so if you are planning on doing the ride, sign up now! I think I will soon if the dates work out.

The Locomotive said:
The Udder and The Apple Cider Centurys are the best !!
CCC offers a century ride on 8/8. Check out the details here.
I just had to bump this one. I can't wait for Century Season to start.
I second that Juile. Sat. April 2nd looks to be almost 50 F. Looking forward to riding out through the North Shore and on to Chicago. Going to hit around 130 miles on Sat. Sunday looks like crap but who knows. Plenty of off season training and conditioning, I am ready to get moving. Kick the tires and light the fires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I already did my first century in February.

If you happen to miss out on the  Apple Cider Century limited registration, also on the same weekend is the Potosi Brewery Great River Road Bike Tour. Breathtaking beautiful ride along rolling hills and bluffs. Challenging ascends and fast descends. 100 mile route rides along the Mississippi River. Tour the museum afterwards. Shirt and mug included in registration. Here's last years event.

http://www.potosibrewery.com/events_detail.cfm?eventID=24

Agreed and good seeing you today! Despite the rain, wind, cold temps and getting chased by a dog for a quarter mile, it was a beautiful ride and very well organized. Good work!
Joe TV said:
Apple Cider Century is a nice one.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service