The Chainlink

Anyone going to the Monday night training ride held by CCC tonight?  

Anyone been and want to offer me words of wisdom to break of me of this intimidation factor I have?

Views: 2300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be there tonight.  Looking forward to it.

Michael A said:

We will be doing a repeat of last week's ride. If the group is as large as it was last week we will once again forgo the rotating paceline and just do a nice steady 2 across pace line at speed.

The metrics for last week did not include any sprints we sustained those speeds on nice open stretches. In a group the size we had last week almost everyone was able to maintain that speed. We regrouped after each one and we all went home safely, together

Thanks for leading tonight Michael, with assists from Jen, Jason and Bill.  36 miles, huge turnout, a very FUN ride!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/197641900

the pit stop for gelato at the end should be every week

Wow- looks like a bumpy ride. Hope you were rocking the gel shorts...

I hope you all enjoyed sweating out all your bodily fluids.

The week I miss there's a gelato stop?

where?

I hope it becomes a permanent after-ride tradition.  We stopped at Paciugo's in Lincoln Square.

Really quite yummy.  And everyone knows about the amazing recovery properties of gelato.

Michele said:

where?

Super sad I missed it this week!  Next week!

I had wanted to come out again with a more appropriate road bike this week but had other commitments.  Hopefully I will be in town next week. 

I highly recommend gelato as a post-ride tradition - not just for Monday nights.  :)

Joe Studer said:

I hope it becomes a permanent after-ride tradition.  We stopped at Paciugo's in Lincoln Square.

Really quite yummy.  And everyone knows about the amazing recovery properties of gelato.

Michele said:

where?

I'm looking forward to tonight's ride because mid 80's is a relatively cool temp this summer. Also, the post-ride gelato stop in Lincoln Square seems to have become a regular feature. I'm not sure if it's ideal recovery food, but I enjoy it too much to resist.

I think I'm going to join everyone tonight.  Looking forward to it!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service